Humor The Sun now has an owner!

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Just remember to sue her the next time you get a sunburn and for making your property dangerously hot in the summer. Don't forget to send her a cease and desist letter as well.

Columbia42

Reaction score
ah, humans, when will their learn that the sun, as well as pretty much every other star out there belongs to the PROBE! :hailprobe:

this reminds me of that guy who once was selling plots on the moon.... you can't OWN celestial bodies any more than you can own the sky, or the fact that sometimes it rains - there's pretty clear laws on that - trying to sell unownables is for all efects, a scam

as the saying goes, "a fool and his money are soon parted" -- proven true, once again

What about if/when commercial transportation to the moon becomes commonplace? Pretty soon everyone's going to want a piece of the real estate up there. Is the moon only for visiting? Is it illegal to live there unless you are a government funded space agency astronaut? Why isn't the moon simply an extension of the Earth? I am in favor of making the entirety of all celestial bodies some sort of international wildlife reserve. Without the life part, of course.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
his reminds me of that guy who once was selling plots on the moon.... you can't OWN celestial bodies any more than you can own the sky, or the fact that sometimes it rains - there's pretty clear laws on that - trying to sell unownables is for all efects, a scam

So I can't own the fact that sometimes it rains? Ohh.

Hey, if she can own the sun I can own rain too! I'll remember to tell this to my sister when it rains next time. I'll tell her that she can't go outside while it rains because rain is mine and getting wet from rain is copyright infringement (That's how you spell it, right?) and she'll go to prison.:lol:

Haha, take that!:rofl:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
so that makes it her responsibility to find huge amounts of hydrogen to fuel it as its life comes to an end! (which quite obviously isnt going to happen)

so shes a fool who probably just lost a fair bit of money

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Re: property on the Moon - please compare its status with that of the Antarctic. In fact both treaties were concluded in the same time frame. Of course, international treaties tend to die of old age, but I hope these pillars of space and environmental law ain't going belly-flop soon.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now, if she is owner of the Sun, you folks all know whom to sue in case the Sun does any damage to your property or health. :lol:

The next solar maximum comes for sure, and the owner is responsible...

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Actually it allows you to claim parts of a celestial object if you have plans to develop it within a decade.

No. Not at all. That kind of stuff is said only by frauds who sell real estate on the moon.

In reality, you can't even own parts of the moon as private citizen, since you would need a sovereign to back your claim up. Which court would be responsible for your claim? What if I mine the Iridium deposit despite Artlav claiming to own it?

Wonderer

Reaction score
If this woman can claim the sun,then I can claim all the other stars.So if she has the sun then I HAZ MOAR! :rofl:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I think her plans wont work if you take a wide view on Article IX of the same treaty

Article IX

In the exploration and use of outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, States Parties to the Treaty shall be guided by the principle of co-operation and mutual assistance and shall conduct all their activities in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, with due regard to the corresponding interests of all other States Parties to the Treaty. States Parties to the Treaty shall pursue studies of outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, and conduct exploration of them so as to avoid their harmful contamination and also adverse changes in the environment of the Earth resulting from the introduction of extraterrestrial matter and, where necessary, shall adopt appropriate measures for this purpose. If a State Party to the Treaty has reason to believe that an activity or experiment planned by it or its nationals in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, would cause potentially harmful interference with activities of other States Parties in the peaceful exploration and use of outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, it shall undertake appropriate international consultations before proceeding with any such activity or experiment. A State Party to the Treaty which has reason to believe that an activity or experiment planned by another State Party in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, would cause potentially harmful interference with activities in the peaceful exploration and use of outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, may request consultation concerning the activity or experiment.

Any one up for a claim of climate change on her? "adverse changes in the environment of the Earth"

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
You can't put a claim on something you haven't even stepped on. My recommendation to the poor soul is to try and put a flag on the celestial body first...

Better go there at night...

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Can I sue said owner for it being too cold, then?