Request Tianwen Mars Mission

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
Tianwen-1 is a planned mission by China to send a spacecraft, which consists of an orbiter, a lander and a rover, to Mars. The name "Tianwen" (Chinese: 天問), which means Heavenly Questions or Questions to Heaven, comes from the long poem of the same name written by Qu Yuan (about 340–278 BC), one of the greatest poets of ancient China.

The mission is planned to be launched in July 2020 with a Long March 5 heavy lift rocket.

Its stated objectives are to search for evidence of both current and past life, and to assess the planet's environment

This addon that is yet to be developed will simulate Tianwen-1's Mars Mission.

UPDATE: The rocket that's needed for the Tianwen-1 simulation would be the Long March 5 via Multistage 2015.

Last edited:

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
It has been awhile since Tianwen-1 was launched, and no addon for this probe has been developed yet (maybe before it reached the Martian System)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Making the meshes and animation for the rover can be done easily. With a rover mesh one could use VB to do it. BUT getting on the surface is hard for me.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if is available for KSP. Someone could redo the models,.....

cannon_gray

Reaction score
The Tianwen-1 probe has been in flight for 163 days. The National Space Administration of China (CNSA) notes that according to the flight plan, in a month the device will approach Mars and begin to decrease its speed, after which it will enter the orbit of the Red Planet, and preparations for landing will begin.

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
Just recently, Tianwen-1 has made it to second place in arrival at the Martian system, after the Emirates Mars Mission. and Perseverance/Ingenuity will be in third place.

Tianwen-1_schematic.png

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nice drawing but if they don't give the height of that human... no way to scale accurately :unsure:

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
and speaking of the TW-1 Deployable Camera, IDK if it's an CubeSat or just a different Wirelessly-powered small deployable camera system being used. if so, the model for the Deployable Camera mesh would be impossible.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
All we need to make a mesh from the above infographic is a measure. It could be the solar panels "wingspan", the nozzle diameter, the main body diameter... Also some pictures of the satellite during preparations/assembly would help a lot.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That one is pretty good yes !

Maybe we could say that the "human figure" on the drawing is 175 cm ? 170 cm ? I'd say average Chinese people are a bit smaller in height than say Americans... :unsure:

I'm 171 cm so for me its a "normal" height ?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Also do we know how the "capsule" opens ? I can make a simple mesh if someone is interested doing textures...

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
Also do we know how the "capsule" opens ? I can make a simple mesh if someone is interested doing textures...
I would also prefer for the TW-1 Deployable Camera to be modeled for that addon. It is stated that it has two cameras. I still don't know if it's a CubeSat.