Problem Time warp on the ground teleports me into space.

shadowfax

Reaction score
This is an odd one. Sitting on the ground at KSC in an XR2, waiting for a launch window. I open the cabin hatch, connect ground cooling, and switch off the APU. Accelerate to 100x time. After about 30 seconds, I'm suddenly in space, the cabin decompresses and I die.

The really weird part is that if I don't connect ground cooling, don't open the hatch, and leave the APU on, I don't teleport into space, but of course I run out of oxygen and die.

Testing these things individually, I've determined that connecting to anything on the ground, or opening the hatch teleports me.

This may possibly be related, possibly not, but sometimes when coming out of time acceleration in space, or when switching back into the Orbiter window from another window, a thruster axis will randomly be on full. Sometimes it's the main engines, sometimes it's RCS. If I tap whatever keyboard key corresponds with what's firing, it stops firing and doesn't do it again.

I do know that the engines aren't firing in time warp to kick me off the planet, because after I die, no fuel has been expended.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Marijn

Reaction score
I tried the same. Opening the hatch, external cooling on, disable the APU and set time to 100x and wait for at least 30 seconds. But no free rides into space for me. Perhaps it's time for a clean Orbiter installation?

shadowfax

Reaction score
I tried the same. Opening the hatch, external cooling on, disable the APU and set time to 100x and wait for at least 30 seconds. But no free rides into space for me. Perhaps it's time for a clean Orbiter installation?

That's another weird part. It *is* a clean install as of last weekend. I'm just getting back into Orbiter after several years of being too busy to play anything.

The only things I've added were the XR fleet, XR sound, and Basesync/glideslope MFDs.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Which version of Orbiter?

shadowfax

Reaction score
Oh, sorry. 2016.

Disabling the MFDs and XR sound doesn't change anything. But I do now notice that if I start a timewarp while in external view, it doesn't do the teleportation thing. And if I then slow time back down, I can time warp whenever I want from any view I want without teleporting.

Last edited: