Planets Titan atmosphere module

sigsig

Reaction score
I have just wrote an atmosphere module for Titan, the largest Saturn's moon and the only one with a big atmosphere.
The module is based on the real data provided by the Huygens probe during her reentry and descent into the Titan's atmosphere. It extends until 1500 km from de moon surface.

The plugin has be sent to OrbitHanger, but hasn't been aproved yet.

Maybe somebody wants to test it.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
It takes up to three days or so for Vash to check the submissions inbox for first-time addon makers. If it gets to be about a week, then you'd PM him and ask if he got it.

That said, I'm curious to know how the new module works. I thought that the atmospheric modules were hard coded into Orbiter?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It takes up to three days or so for Vash to check the submissions inbox for first-time addon makers. If it gets to be about a week, then you'd PM him and ask if he got it.

That said, I'm curious to know how the new module works. I thought that the atmospheric modules were hard coded into Orbiter?

No, these are DLLs, usually combined with the planet ephemeris data.

I made a similar module almost 10 years ago, not sure if it still works.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1099"]Titan Athmosphere Enhancement[/ame]

sigsig

Reaction score
No, these are DLLs, usually combined with the planet ephemeris data.

I agree.

I made a similar module almost 10 years ago, not sure if it still works.

If I were not missed your module, perhaps I had not written the mine. But now it is done.
Thoght my module is a separate plugin only for the atmospheric thing, as explained in the Orbiter SDK docs, it does not replace the original Titan.dll file.

Last edited: