Today I Found Out...What Happens When You Stick Your Head Into a Particle Accelerator

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Check this out (it is really OLD news...happened back in 1978):

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index...-stick-your-head-into-a-particle-accelerator/

I have to comment on two statements from the article.
Despite the beam going through his brain, his intellectual capacity remained the same as before.
I question the intellectual capacity he had before this happened.

He also gets significantly more fatigued with mental work, though he did go on to get his PhD after this incident.
I'm glad he got his PhD. He seems to have redeemed himself. I guess my first comment is moot.

:cheers:

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
You would think he got a hole in his head... I wonder what would happen if he did this at the LHC...

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
:blink:

Well this is funny. Kinda makes me cringe, but it kinda makes me laugh.
Heh, he must have slept through his first days of science classes, although it is common sense not to lean into a particle accelerator :rofl:
At least he survived without too much damage.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll give 100€ to anyone that sticks his head into the beam of LHC (even at the 3.5 TeV level) and survives.

Dambuster

Reaction score
I'll give 100€ to anyone that sticks his head into the beam of LHC (even at the 3.5 TeV level) and survives.

Medical bills must be included! Otherwise it's not fair, because I believe there was free healthcare in the USSR :)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very interesting. A ultra-high energy surgery. I guess his misfortune helped the research against cancers or Alzheimer disease in some way...