SDK Question Trouble compiling DeltaGlider in Visual Studio 2017

msligo

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to compile the DeltaGlider source code in Visual Studio 2017, but I keep getting the following two errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB6006 "cmd.exe" exited with code 255. DeltaGlider C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 209

and

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3073 The command "if not exist D:\Files\Applications\Orbiter 2016\Project Apollo Debug\Modules\Startup mkdir D:\Files\Applications\Orbiter 2016\Project Apollo Debug\Modules\Startup
:VCEnd" exited with code 3. DGConfigurator C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 128

(Ignore the "Project Apollo Debug" part, that's just the name I gave to this particular Orbiter installation.)

I've been searching the internet for hours to try and solve this, but no luck so far. I found this post: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=38642&highlight=visual*studio*2017 which seems to be exactly the same problem I'm having, but when I modified the orbiterroot property sheet the problem still persisted.

Can someone please help me get this running?

Many thanks,
msligo

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Sorry, just realised I should have just replied to the old thread. I don't think I can delete the above post.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I would suspect "a path containing spaces" is the issue here.
Easiest work-around is to move your Orbiter development path to some path without spaces (like "C:\Orbiter").