General Question UCGO Arrow Freighter UMMU compatible lander?

stealthstar

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for a lander for the UCGO Arrow Freighter that is capable of transferring crew to it & landing them on planets with an atmosphere like earth or Mars. Since the Arrow Freighter isn't designed for atmospheric entry it would be nice to have an atmospheric entry capable crew transfer vehicle. Anyone know of a vehicle capable of this?

I think the Delta Glider would be a good vessel to use as a crew transfer vehicle for the Arrow since its basically indestructible but is incapable of transferring crew to it even when docked to the Arrow. It would be cool to select crew, transfer them to the Delta Glider & land them on Mars & have them do surface a EVA using UMMU space suits. But the Delta Glider would have to be programmed to be able to transfer crew to and from it's docking port.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I think the Delta Glider would be a good vessel to use as a crew transfer vehicle for the Arrow since its basically indestructible but is incapable of transferring crew to it even when docked to the Arrow.

Use a DGIV or XR2. Much more fun to fly.

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
I always use the DGIV. I love that ship and in combination with the Arrow Freighter long journeys with landings on - say - Europa are really fun.
Also you can use the DGIV to fly the necessary UCGO container and the crew to the Arrow.

By the way: If you fly to Mars on a regular basis you should check out "Orcus Patera" by Dansteph. A really great base!

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
I used to put a XR2 in the bay and an XR5 docked to the external port when I flew the Arrow.

Now I use the SSTV-001 and 002 which have ports for 2 and 4 XR5s respectively, plus enough cargo attachment points for 17.5 XR5's worth of cargo pallets on top of the pallets inside the XR5s that are along for the ride.

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder