Question UCGO autopilot???

stealthstar

Reaction score
I'm Looking for a good autopilot program for the UCGO and other deep space capable ships to help make interplanetary travel easier. Like automatically getting the UCGO on a course to a planet like from earth to mars for example and automatically preforming an orbital insertion of the target planet on arrival. Is there an MFD addon out there that's good for stuff like that?

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have no problem with an autopilot to maintain attitude or refine burns for maneuvers but don't we fly Orbiter to do that flight planning ourselves???

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In IMFD you can plan all those manuevers and it can perform them also.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Interplanetary MFD is what you are looking for. It has a variety of programs in it that you can use for orbital maneuvers, interplanetary burns, insertion burns. It has a nice autoburn capability.

stealthstar

Reaction score
Interplanetary MFD is what you are looking for. It has a variety of programs in it that you can use for orbital maneuvers, interplanetary burns, insertion burns. It has a nice autoburn capability.

I was looking for a program with exactly those features! Thanks. I'll give it a try after I download it later.

Interplanetary travel is probably one of the most difficult things of space flight which explains why it's like 90% autopilot.