Vessel UMMU+UCGO Venus landing craft

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if any one knows a good vessel to land on Venus. I have an arrow in orbit. All i need is a landing craft that is UMMU and UCGO compatible and be able to land on Venus and take of again into orbit. From past experience i have discovered that the XR2 and DGIV can't take off again. Can any one help?

romanasul

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if any one knows a good vessel to land on Venus. I have an arrow in orbit. All i need is a landing craft that is UMMU and UCGO compatible and be able to land on Venus and take of again into orbit. From past experience i have discovered that the XR2 and DGIV can't take off again. Can any one help?

There's a lander in this addon:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5922"]ISV Pegasus[/ame]

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Thanks. Can it take off from Venus?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. Can it take off from Venus?

Dont think anything can, short of maybe igniting a small explosion underneath your craft. The surface pressure on Venus is so high that exhaust gases produced by any known engine are just forced back into the engine. An engine with really high exhaust velocity might not suffer from this, but it probably wouldnt have enough thrust to lift off.

That being said, it might be possible to boost a lander up into the higher atmosphere via some sort of catapult or spring gun :hmm:.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I thought there was talk about a balloon type craft also

worir1

Space Nerd
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yes a balloon craft might work but i can't find any.