Unable to connect to the svn repository?

Wedge313

Reaction score
Finally got around to attempting to download Orbiter 2016 beta. Followed the instructions in "Installing beta versions". Got Tortoise SVN, set up a directory, opened SVN Checkout, typed in "svn://svn.orbiter-forum.com/orbiter", etc. I keep getting this message (attached). Where am I going wrong? Thanks.

Capture.PNG

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Well that's odd.

I just tried it and it worked for me.

What happens if you paste "svn://svn.orbiter-forum.com/orbiter" into a web browser?

It's been a long time since I installed Tortoise SVN, but from what I recall, it's pretty hard to mess up.

I would give it another try tomorrow, if that doesn't work maybe try a VPN?

I'm sure we can get it to you if that doesn't work.

Wedge313

Reaction score
I just tried again, same result. I don't have a VPN, and would prefer not to get one if there is another path. Other options? Thanks.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just checked svn://svn.orbiter-forum.com/orbiter and it's behaving just fine (2021-03-12 11:34:00 UTC).
A simple checkout should also not prompt for any credentials or such, that might get unnoticed...
..maybe just a temporary issue on the svn-server side?

Wedge313

Reaction score
The "problem" was on my end. I broke down and grabbed a VPN, and everything worked as expected. Now I have to figure out what to do about D3D9 clients and textures, but I'm pretty sure there's resources here on the forum and elsewhere that can help me with that. Thanks for the help, and I'll probably be asking for more if I hit a snag.