Unity VC

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
A while ago (late last year) I started work on an ISS addon. Earlier this year I decided to make a virtual cockpit for it. I have already posted a couple of screenshots of it in one of the SSU threads, but I decided it was time to make my own.

The main exterior textures were made by kendo and manipulated by me. The exterior CBM texture is by Schmiz and the rest are made by me.

I plan on eventually modelling all the ISS modules with VC's. Until then, enjoy the attached pics.

Attachments

• unityExterior.png
    unityExterior.png
    615.8 KB · Views: 1,114
  • unityVC2.png
    unityVC2.png
    431.7 KB · Views: 157
  • unityVCv2.jpg
    unityVCv2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,123

Heywood

Pardon by my spanglish
Reaction score
Wow..., very cool. Good job. :clap:

Heywood

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
No, it's a render.

The textures are cut out of photos, I'll give you that much. Eventually all the textures in it will hopefully be of a similar quality (I still need to sharpen the current ones and do a bit more processing)

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, it's a render.

The textures are cut out of photos, I'll give you that much. Eventually all the textures in it will hopefully be of a similar quality (I still need to sharpen the current ones and do a bit more processing)

That is some nice work Nick. I can't remember if you write DLL's or work with spacecraft3.

Russ

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
As of yet there is no .dll or spacecraft3, just a .cfg

I thought it was time for an update, so:

I have exported to .msh and put unity into Orbiter, but there have been some problems with the mesh. Some parts of the mesh (such as the ends and hatches) are not visible. I have checked all the obvious things (texture names, normals, etc.) and I am completely stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Apart from those slight problems it works perfectly, with 6 working docking ports.

Attachments

• missingTextures.PNG
    missingTextures.PNG
    749.3 KB · Views: 139