Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
when I try to launch (just as I did before, by selecting lift off, mode 2 and than tran-orbit) I get into orbit, but when Trans-orbit tries to get a stable orbit, it says: lost, flying blind... anyone know how to fix this??
That is more or less normal, trans-orbit in low atmosphere will show that until it's fast enough and high enough.
Does it get it to a proper orbit or not?

Can you add more steps instead of 2, that way anyone can pre-program on the ground before AP taking off, enter orbit, and head to the moon or wherever ones going
I would like multiple programmable stages instead of AP takeoff then reprogram it to go into orbit and reprogram it to do any other things one at a time, having multiple programmable stages will be a big help here.
Hm?
So, what happens if you press INS on page 2 more than twice?

, and please as a request to have it set up to work with the XR2 Ravenstar 1.0 and XR5 Vanguard 1.2 so it can use the scram engine first before using the main rocket engine precious fuel which the scram fuel cannot be transfered to the rocket fuel tank.
As was discussed above, this does not seems possible.

If I suppose that I want to realize a maneuver with UAP then to follow this flight, alone ( without UAP ). If I suppose that the attended maneuver with UAP be rather long to realize (put in orbit then alignplane) and that I want, or find convenient, to let it go in real time, but that I need to proceed the following ( personal ) maneuver without awaiting . This could be a service that to be able to work on something else next to the PC without having to check visually to which point I am in my procedure with UAP.
So, a sound at the end of the sequence of focused vessel, for player convenience?
Or, a programmable "sound" step in sequence, placeable anywhere, end of sequence included?
Doable.
OrbiterSound-bound, or stand-alone?

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
That is more or less normal, trans-orbit in low atmosphere will show that until it's fast enough and high enough.
Does it get it to a proper orbit or not?

no, I thinks it's because of the first stage.

when I launch Jarvis, it goes up with its SRB's and the first stage. after 110 seconds, the SRB's are jettisoned and it fly's only on its first stage. the point is, the first stage pushes the craft to an ApA of 451 and after that, the first stage burns out and is jettisoned too. the orbit I want to reach is 200x200 so 451 is way to high.

the strange thing is, if I leave everything normal, and launch with a heading of 90, everything goes well....

kevinvr

Reaction score
I have a problem with the new 100319.
when I try to launch (just as I did before, by selecting lift off, mode 2 and than tran-orbit) I get into orbit, but when Trans-orbit tries to get a stable orbit, it says: lost, flying blind... anyone know how to fix this??
I have the same problem with the atlantis space shuttle. It keeps losing height and then falls down and crashes.
If I set the pitch and heading a bit more it gets to about 110k and thenswitches over to transorbit and says lost, flying blind and it falls back to earth.

Sideshow

Reaction score
Strange, maybe some VC2005 runtimes issue? Was the problem here with VC6 builds?

I honestly don't know. If it's any indication alpha 100319 did not appear to have the same problem, only earlier builds. I must admit I didn't pay any attention to it once i stumbled on the fix. Since no one else mentioned it I figured it was a problem my end.

Looks like so. DGEX is too unwieldy to be efficiently controlled by UAP...

I had a feeling that might be the case. Thank you for verifying it.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
when I launch Jarvis, it goes up with its SRB's and the first stage. after 110 seconds, the SRB's are jettisoned and it fly's only on its first stage. the point is, the first stage pushes the craft to an ApA of 451 and after that, the first stage burns out and is jettisoned too. the orbit I want to reach is 200x200 so 451 is way to high.
the strange thing is, if I leave everything normal, and launch with a heading of 90, everything goes well....
Jarvis-H?
That thing have a lot of stages, needs some subtlety to guide.
It doesn't seem to fit well to get into 200x200 km orbit, but it easily gets into 300x300 one, provided that the player drops the fairing at the right spot, which autopilot can't so far do.
Here is the sequence:
Code:
$Jarvis_H:lift_off(engine=main,mode=2,heading=32,pitch_tgt=20,pitch_duration=110,off_duration=10),
trans_orbit(engine=main,kind=0,heading=32,apoapsis=300000,periapsis=300000).

I have the same problem with the atlantis space shuttle. It keeps losing height and then falls down and crashes.
If I set the pitch and heading a bit more it gets to about 110k and thenswitches over to transorbit and says lost, flying blind and it falls back to earth.
What about default scenario?
Does that work?
What exactly have you attempted, what is the sequence?
Also, just in case - is the limited fuel checked?

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just a bit of ultra-geekiness last night with UAP and VMC. Enjoy while we wait for the next alpha release. :)

uap_vmc2.jpg

-- Mike

kevinvr

Reaction score
What about default scenario?
Does that work?
What exactly have you attempted, what is the sequence?
Also, just in case - is the limited fuel checked?
defualt scenario works fine.
Thanks for the help, I didn't know about the limited fuel being checked. I checked it and then the scenario worked fine.
Appreciate the help!:thumbup::tiphat:

fort

Reaction score
"So, a sound at the end of the sequence of focused vessel, for player convenience?
Or, a programmable "sound" step in sequence, placeable anywhere, end of sequence included?
Doable.
OrbiterSound-bound, or stand-alone?" Artlav

I was absent this week end. I will cogitate a little on these questions but I am afraid of not to know sufficiently UAP to give a pertinent opinion. I reply to you in the afternoon.

cymrych

The Probe abides
Donator
Reaction score
Artlav- This is kind of an aside to the thread, but hope you can help me out. I'm using an ascent profile I obtained through using your UAP to launch an Ares V as a template for a built-in Multistage guidance file.

Your UAP gives me a nice, quick but very realistic, roll to heading, then the pitch program engages. My issue is more with multistage guidance, which tries to combine the initial pitch with the roll to heading manuever, and tends to give an extremely poor roll rate.

So my question; how does your UAP instruct the ship to roll first, then engage pitch program?

fort

Reaction score
Artlav,

If this second suggestion is feasible, then, of course, because it is more complete, it is, it seems to be, also more interesting. It seems...

With regards to the choice between an orbiter sound-bound or a stand alone solution , I seize not well the difference. In the two cases the sound can be changed, if wished, by the user.. A stand alone sound creates an additional under folder, I suppose, but the sound (wav, mp3...?) is easy to find. On another side, it think that there is among all the sounds of Orbiter sound a sound that played in buckle can serve as alarm, signal...

Does what seems to you the most suitable for your code; for the overall legibility of UAP.

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would say that the OrbiterSound solution is probably acceptable, given that most people have OS installed and that it is a not difficult package to work with (from the end user point of view). Unless there are added benefits to writing the sound code yourself, I have to image Dan's OS API would make life easier?

DoyleChris

Reaction score
I cant get it to work on 2006 or beta of 2009 its in the activated mfd section but when i get in there it dosent show up.

Pablo49

Reaction score
I think either way that sound is introduced into UAP, there should be the ability to toggle it on/off.

Also, in Lift_off, could a gear key input be set, like there is in runway_off? It would be nice to have a deltaglider or whatever's gear retract without having to wait to use a tool keypress after lift_off is done. This would only apply to hover, turn to heading mode.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
So my question; how does your UAP instruct the ship to roll first, then engage pitch program?
Um, by instructing it to roll, waiting for roll to complete, then beginning to pitch?
Not sure what exactly do you ask.

I cant get it to work on 2006 or beta of 2009 its in the activated mfd section but when i get in there it dosent show up.
Seems that you need VC 2005 redistributables. Blame goes to Microsoft.

Also, in Lift_off, could a gear key input be set, like there is in runway_off? It would be nice to have a deltaglider or whatever's gear retract without having to wait to use a tool keypress after lift_off is done. This would only apply to hover, turn to heading mode.
Could be of use, surely. I was thinking about some kind of parallel sequence with conditional tools calls - "if altitude above 100000, press drop fairing key" kind of thing, instead of cluttering each autopilot with trigger checks and key presses.

I would say that the OrbiterSound solution is probably acceptable...
I think either way that sound is introduced into UAP, there should be the ability to toggle it on/off.
OrbiterSound it is then, to keep all the noise under one off switch.

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking about some kind of parallel sequence with conditional tools calls - "if altitude above 100000, press drop fairing key" kind of thing

Oh, yes, please do that. :) My Centaur second stages will thank you for the weight reduction.

-- Mike

Pablo49

Reaction score
I was thinking about some kind of parallel sequence with conditional tools calls - "if altitude above 100000, press drop fairing key" kind of thing, instead of cluttering each autopilot with trigger checks and key presses.
Fantastic, I've been looking forward to that being brought in. Would that eliminate the gear key in runway off, or will it stay since it's already in? Not like that's a big deal.

fort

Reaction score
OrbiterSound it is then, to keep all the noise under one off switch.

Is it because i've not used Orbitersound since a long time that i do not understand the meaning of this ?

Does this means that if the sound is OrbiterSound bounded it's déactivation (? ) (on/off "switch", button...) implies to cut simultaneously all the sounds of OrbiterSound ? That this is not the case if it is a stand alone sound ?

DoyleChris

Reaction score
I have installed the 2005 and no joy i tried the very first version on this topic and got it to work but not the latest version.
Running Windows Vista 64 bit

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Alpha 100324:
http://orbides.1gb.ru/orbf/uap-alpha-100324.zip
http://orbides.1gb.ru/orbf/uap-alpha-100324-static.zip - if previous not working.

Changes:
-Continuous time accel throttling, as proposed by Zachstar
-Added target to key press tool
-Added sounds to tools
-Fixed restart sequence bug
-Static build included, potential fix for all who have problems running UAP

Bugfixes and optimizations again.

Interesting new feature - continuous auto time accel control, to use it press Shift+A once in MFD. It will show the current set time accel, you can up it with Shift+T, above the current limit. Then, it will auto-hold it.
Example: Run DG->Moon scenario, set time accel in MFD to 10000x, sit back. It will go to orbit, set time accel to 10000x, slow down to align, speed up again till the burn, etc, etc, and in 6 minutes real-time, you're on the Moon, totally hands-free.
Boring or cool?

Sounds - 3 types of beeps in tools kind 7, OrbiterSound not required.

I have installed the 2005 and no joy i tried the very first version on this topic and got it to work but not the latest version.
Running Windows Vista 64 bit
Strange, try static build in this one.

Is it because i've not used Orbitersound since a long time that i do not understand the meaning of this ?

Does this means that if the sound is OrbiterSound bounded it's déactivation (? ) (on/off "switch", button...) implies to cut simultaneously all the sounds of OrbiterSound ? That this is not the case if it is a stand alone sound ?
Sorry, you lost me altogether.
I just implemented it in current alpha, OrbiterSound-independent.
Is that what you asked for (DG to ISS scenario have some)?

Status
Not open for further replies.