Project Universal Autopilots alpha 100324

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendo

Reaction score
What a great MFD. What is the difference with the static version as linked on page 10. I see the actual module is larger.
Also, the Atlantis scenario, I presume I have to manually jettison the tank.

Last edited:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it is a great tool. I have only started to really get into using it with the sequences. It is an amazingly accurate launch autopilot, can get me on the exact inclination of my target. Have seen a few issues with the syncing up of orbits, but that is not an issue for me as I prefer Rendezvous MFD to ensure a R-bar approach that doesn't drain the tanks.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Will we ever see a v1.0 of this? Or do you consider it done? :)
Some day, i guess.
I still can't make a landing autopilot, and without that the whole thing is royally incomplete.
And that's only the practical part, since initially i wanted this to be a C++ framework for making autopilots as well.

Practically, since last release there has been no work on it besides some bug fixing and portability improvements.

Looks like there is no hurry as well, since the few who are aware of it have yet to note any O2010-related bugs.

TG626

Reaction score
Website
www.federalproductions.com
I use it with Thorton's Soyuz and it's very nice for docking maneuvers. I don't seem to have much luck with using it for orbital syncing though, it either can't find a solution or uses tremendous amounts of fuel (leaving me empty), but I'm positive it's because I'm not using it correctly...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
it either can't find a solution or uses tremendous amounts of fuel (leaving me empty)
There are two modes - minimize by time (lots of fuel), and minimize by Dv. You should use the second.
With something as weak as Soyuz you'll probably won't get a solution in that mode unless you're quite close.

TG626

Reaction score
Website
www.federalproductions.com
With something as weak as Soyuz you'll probably won't get a solution in that mode unless you're quite close.

That's what I had figured, so I do it manually in Soyuz and use UAP for docking until it gets about 50m or so, then I take over manually so I don't feel like a tool :lol:

Chub777

Reaction score
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but whenever I set everything up and press "GO", the MFD reads "Not running sequence". Any suggestions?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Current version thread is here:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22753

Mods, please close this one.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but whenever I set everything up and press "GO", the MFD reads "Not running sequence". Any suggestions?
Which sequence have you set?
There are so many possibilities in your description that anything can be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.