garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
you create a new config under config\UNVParachute\[config name of vessel].

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
It works fine with DLL-vessels, but i don't get it working with Spacecraft3-vessels :idk:.

Ah problem solved, i had to put the .ini in "Vessels".

Very nice and helpfull addon!

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Can you post the settings you used and for which addon? More info on that the better :)

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
I tryed to use a spacecraft3-vessel with your parachute addon for the spaceship "Resolve", located in a subdirectory in:
"Config\Spacecraft\HDWsc\Resolve_Main6". I made a config-file for it in "UNVparachute" named "Resolve_Main6" but your addon could not identify it. So i tryed out other spacecraft3-vessels, some worked and some not. The reason is that every spacecraft3-vessel must have beside the spacecraft.ini-file located in spacecraft an EXTRA spacecraft.config-file, located in same directory or in "Vessels". Without this the prarachute can't identify the vessel. But it seems that your addon can't identity vessels in subdirectorys in the Spacecraft-dir?

Interceptor

Reaction score
I tryed to use a spacecraft3-vessel with your parachute addon for the spaceship "Resolve", located in a subdirectory in:
"Config\Spacecraft\HDWsc\Resolve_Main6". I made a config-file for it in "UNVparachute" named "Resolve_Main6" but your addon could not identify it. So i tryed out other spacecraft3-vessels, some worked and some not. The reason is that every spacecraft3-vessel must have beside the spacecraft.ini-file located in spacecraft an EXTRA spacecraft.config-file, located in same directory or in "Vessels". Without this the prarachute can't identify the vessel. But it seems that your addon can't identity vessels in subdirectorys in the Spacecraft-dir?
I have been struggling with the same problem can you please post your extra config,so I can see how it looks.Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Actually,can you please post the whole folder order,and configs,because you said that the addon wouldn't recognize sub directorys.Thanks

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
Ok the Resolve-addon has a Subdir in Spacecraft-dir, named "HDWsc":
Orbiter\Config\Spacecraft\HDWsc\Resolve_Main6

At first i created a config-file for the parachute-addon, named "Resolve_Main6" in Orbiter\Config\UNVParachute\
ChuteCount=1
Chute_1_OFS=0 0 -80
Chute_1_Mesh=ParachuteBack
Chute_1_DragCoef=1.5
Chute_1_Area=3000
Chute_1_Type=drag
Chute_1_dir=0 0 -1

Then i created a config-file, even named "Resolve_Main6" in Orbiter\Config\Vessels\
;=== Configuration file for vessel Resolve ===
ClassName = Spacecraft3
Module = Spacecraft3

Then i copied and insert the Resolve.ini-file:Orbiter\Config\Spacecraft\HDWsc\Resolve_Main6 to its parent-directory into Spacecraft:
Orbiter\Config\Spacecraft\

The Resolve has in its original scenarios no parachute again, but now you will be able to insert the Resolve via Scenario-Editor in your Scenarios.
And vola, this Resolve has a parachute! :cheers:

Why this? I want to use this super big bird as shuttle from marsorbit to its surface.
I used not the cheat-version with infinite Isp, i edited Isp to 3700ms and in tank are only the 120mT fuel left over when you reaches LEO after ET-seperation. Togehter with Hover I landed like a feather in Vallis marineris. Bevor without the parachute i was running out of fuel and crashed most :thumbup:. Mars is a special case, because lack of runway you have to make vertikal landing alltimes. A parachute like this addon is extremly usefull here.

@Computerex
But i can not spamn more then 1 parachute, Orbiter crashes then. I did increase the value under "Chutecount".

Last edited: