Venusian Alien! They're crazy?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was searching about venus and I saw that:
http://scottcwaring.blogspot.com/2012/01/life-spotted-on-venus-says-russian.html

Life spotted on Venus Says Russian scientist, Jan 22, 2011.

They're crazy! They noticed the protection of an instrument of the Venera spacecraft, it was jettisoned after the landing, and because of this difference between the first and the second picture, they're saying that it's an alien on the surface! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

What you think?

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
If you notice in the second picture, the position that the "alien" was in is now occupied by the deploy-able arm. Could it be that when the arm fell down it simply pushed the rock to the side....

Guess not! Wonder if this guy belongs to that site....:lol:

ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg

Edit:

It's not a rock: it just looks like part of the spacecraft that fell off.

Last edited:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
If anything macroscopic can survive on the surface of Venus, I wouldn't feel very comfortable living this close to it.

orbekler

Reaction score
Not only crazy, bad observers too: the two pictures are from different points of view, just see the basalt structure.
Unless basalt itself is an alive moving creature.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm more surprised that there are more than one picture from that probe.
Where is the rest of the "video feed"?

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
I knew it! The're coming! Apollo 11 didn't go to the Moon ('everybody' knows it was actually a conspiracy!) but instead to Venus, made contact, and asked them to kill us aaaalllll.

In all seriousness, though, it would be more surprising if things like this didn't pop in once in a while. People are really stupid sometimes, and, if it's on the internet, it seems to happen even more.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
All I see are rocks and a lens cap. :shrug:

If anything macroscopic can survive on the surface of Venus, I wouldn't feel very comfortable living this close to it.

Oh for crying out loud, why? Because its existence places the mythical "great filter" in our future and magically asserts our status as doomed? Even though an innumerable number of evolutionary "filters" exists between the likely state of any such hypothetical organisms and ourselves? Even though the entire premise of the great filter itself is based on a number of assumptions that are varyingly dubious?

I would not fear the existence of such organisms any more than I fear the existence of stromatolites. Perhaps because my views on alien life are more ambivalent than yours.

That said, their existence is pretty doubtful, since they would require some bizarre alternate biochemistry to survive in that environment.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I knew it! The're coming! Apollo 11 didn't go to the Moon ('everybody' knows it was actually a conspiracy!) but instead to Venus, made contact, and asked them to kill us aaaalllll.

In all seriousness, though, it would be more surprising if things like this didn't pop in once in a while. People are really stupid sometimes, and, if it's on the internet, it seems to happen even more.

Sounds like my neigbour dan.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
At least it's not the lens cap like Венера-14.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Those probes were nice achievements. Being able to survive in that hell more than 1 hour, take pics and transmit them back, that was a nice feat, especially because they thrown those Probes into the unknown. It took a lot of attemps to succeed though, if I remember well.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just look at these Venera pictures, straightened out to get a better view:

C_Venera_Perspective.jpg

What a forboding, desolate landscape. One wonders what it'd be like to be able to walk around there for a few hours...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And the whole is bathed into a ~450°C, acid, dense atmosphere with insane air pressure, and violent gusts of wind.

A nice place for an holiday resort, really :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, we have lifeforms on Earth, that survive in similar conditions. But no intelligent ones.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, we have lifeforms on Earth, that survive in similar conditions.

At 460 Celsius? With no water in sight?

Forgive me, but I'm pretty sure I haven't heard of any such organisms living on Earth... :blink: