Discussion Videnie orbit drawing 1.0

General_Mile_1

Mile
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Mile
Hello, I noticed that Videine orbit drawing 1.0 is not compatibile with D3D9, but when I enter normal orbiter, it works. Is it supposted to be like that or I did something wrong?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, "supposed to" might not be the word, but it's normal and expected, yes. I'm not sure how Artlav achieved what he did there, but I suspect he's effectively hacking into the video memory... which of course wouldn't work when there's another client at work than the one you expected.

Also, for the D3D9 client something like that would be much easier to implement by the client itself.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Well, "supposed to" might not be the word, but it's normal and expected, yes. I'm not sure how Artlav achieved what he did there, but I suspect he's effectively hacking into the video memory... which of course wouldn't work when there's another client at work than the one you expected.

Also, for the D3D9 client something like that would be much easier to implement by the client itself.
There is already some orbit drawing stuff in the standalone d3d9 branch. Don't know too much about it though. Others can speak better to it.

supersonic71

Reaction score
Website
github.com
If you know which one is working, you can send me
It works with some specific versions of Orbiter 2016 Beta.

Alternatively,
If you can build Open Orbiter dx9, it comes with it. Or you can just wait for the official release of open orbiter

General_Mile_1

Mile
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Mile
Ok thanks for help! Btw what do you mean if I can build open orbiter dx9? I dont understand that part

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Videine worked by hooking DX7 calls, so it's fundamentally incompatible with any other graphics client.