Video Tutorial: DG4 to ISS

Unstung

Reaction score
I had no idea to dock before the video, and I cannot believe I watched all 31 minutes of it on Vimeo, Tex. :eek:h:
It's very helpful, although I would need to watch the video again if I want to dock myself in Orbiter. I would have to use it as I am docking since I would not remember all the steps.
I noticed before you "docked" that that nose cone was still closed. Thought you were going to open the nose cone right before the docking. Apparently, it did not open after all that work. :lol:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Unstung, glad you found the video useful! Haha for sure it was a shock to me too when I heard the alarm go off and saw a piece of the nose cone floating away.. :lol: I had to have a little fun with the mistake as it took way too long to film a complete flight and narrate it like that, I didn't want to do it all over again just to remember opening my nose cose. :rofl:

Anyway, thanks for watching! :cheers:

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching it. Very helpful indeed. When I saw the nose cone break, my mind went immediately to the movie "Independance Day". If you've seen the movie, you know what I mean... Oops!

Ark

Reaction score
This tutorial needs to be required viewing for anyone and everyone new to Orbiter.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks guys! I was just trying to think of how much time it took to make this one...I'd guess I probably put about 10-20 hours into it.

bpops

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
Website
picasaweb.google.com
Tex,

That was a great tutorial. Even though I've known about Orbiter for a couple years now, I rarely find time to (play isn't the right word...) experience it.

It's nice to see such a well-put together tutorial, and I think my favorite part was you forgetting the nose cone :lol:

I'd look forward to more of these if you make them, but I like your usual videos, too. Glidepath was excellent!

idk

Reaction score
I just can say thank you for this great tutorial. It was a very big help.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks very much guys, glad I could be of some help with this one. :cheers:

HarryM

Reaction score
Nice work with this and your other vids as well, hugely helpful to have a video with such confusing processes.

Sar

Reaction score
Thank you. I came back to orbiter after a year or so not playing and learned to dock with my third flight... First flight my daughter repeatedly pressed esc button second she managed to shut down the whole DGIV... I think that's why they don't bring toddlers in the shuttle.

Sky Captain

Reaction score
This is really helpful video it taught me how to use Sync Orbit mfd efficiently because I did`t knew that and used IMFD to set up all my orbital rendezvous.
Thanks.

When you were about 10 meters from docking port it occurred to me you did not open the nose cone and then... Oops :rofl:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
xD Good video! End was hilarious, I was like: "He's coming in too fast! Ah, nose cone isn't open!" I am not sure, but real dockings are performed at like 0.01 m/s.
Good intro.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Anoying popup when you click "Standard Download" :(

That would be because the file is being hosted on a free site. Saves our bandwidth since the file is so large and many downloaded it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I followed your tutorial almost to the letter, even the nose-cone part! I told myself over and over not to forget that, but hey, I may have been in five pieces but they were all in the same place (and not on fire)!

Bendarr

Reaction score
Tex, I want to thank you for the video tutorial. I've watched it a couple of times and I plan on watching it again (after rebuilding the computer from a power spike) and learning from it. Once again thank you. Downloading it now.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks for the comments guys, I'm happy I was able to help in at least some small way. :)

dre120v

Reaction score
Thank you very much Tex. Tried for 2 days straight to sync orbits with ISS with no luck. Watched your tutorial and followed it step-by-step and got there with no problems(Even opened the nose cone). :thumbup: Now its time to head by home to KSC.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks dre and welcome to the forum! :welcome: