Question Virtual AGC Yellow steps on checklist.

Paraso

Reaction score
(I'm generally new to orbiter and NSSAP) Using Orbiter 2016, and NSSAP Alpha 1334, I went into the Apollo 11 Launch without MCC. I enabled the automatic checklist in the extras before just so I could sit there and generally watch most of the mission, I then successfully went through the checklist until up to about t+ 20 minutes, when I saw a step where the text was fully yellow asking to record the SM RCS PWRPLNT Quantity, and many more with yellow text followed. They didn't complete automatically, Do I have to do these on my own? Is there something special for them? Sorry if it is a dumb question.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
(I'm generally new to orbiter and NSSAP) Using Orbiter 2016, and NSSAP Alpha 1334, I went into the Apollo 11 Launch without MCC. I enabled the automatic checklist in the extras before just so I could sit there and generally watch most of the mission, I then successfully went through the checklist until up to about t+ 20 minutes, when I saw a step where the text was fully yellow asking to record the SM RCS PWRPLNT Quantity, and many more with yellow text followed. They didn't complete automatically, Do I have to do these on my own? Is there something special for them? Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Not a dumb question at all. The checklist steps in yellow are indeed steps that have to be done manually; they couldn't be automated. When the step is done just press PRO on the MFD to get to the next step. In the case of writing down propellant quantities I suppose it's not stricly required to do it, but a bunch of the ones in yellow coming up in the checklist have to be done for sure (e.g. jettisoning the optics cover by moving the optical handcontroller (OHC) all the way to the right).

Paraso

Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all. The checklist steps in yellow are indeed steps that have to be done manually; they couldn't be automated. When the step is done just press PRO on the MFD to get to the next step. In the case of writing down propellant quantities I suppose it's not stricly required to do it, but a bunch of the ones in yellow coming up in the checklist have to be done for sure (e.g. jettisoning the optics cover by moving the optical handcontroller (OHC) all the way to the right).
Thank you for the fast response, I appreciate your help! I was just wondering, is there any manual, etc that would be able to help me or inform me about actually preforming these steps manually? or possibly a tutorial? I am generally unfamiliar with most of the rockets aspects and controls, Such as what you mentioned, OHC, and other things of the like. Thank you.

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There are probably three manuals that would be useful for you: about Orbiter in general, about NASSP in general and about the Apollo spacecraft specifically. For Orbiter in general you will find many resources in this forum and there is a useful manual that comes with Orbiter, which you can find in the Doc folder.

For the most part NASSP doesn't really need to provide e.g. systems descriptions, because these already exist in the form of the Apollo Operations Handbook:

CSM: https://history.nasa.gov/afj/aohindex.html
LM: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM10HandbookVol1.pdf

You will find anything you need to know about the spacecraft systems in these documents. You will also find similar info in the NASSP wiki: http://nassp.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page

For NASSP I have to admit that the documentation is really not that good. We wrote a short quickstart guide for the NASSP 7.0 release (under" Doc/Project Apollo - NASSP", but it's a bit outdated by now. A list of keyboard commands would probably be the most useful, I'll compile one soon and post it as a thread here. Other than that it's mostly standard Orbiter controls for the most part.