OHM Vostok v1.1 (for external graphic clients)

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I think that I may have found the answer to my own question earlier in the thread. I believe I need to find and install Vostok 1.0 to run with Orbiter 2006. I was trying to rund Vostok 1.1 and that apparently was not compatible.
Thanks for the interest in Vostok,!
I double-checked my archive. Vostok was first released in v1.0 in early 2011. This means, it was developed in then-fresh Orbiter 2010. I don't ever remember trying it with Orbiter 2006 - but I am pretty sure it should not run in 2006, because it is built on (then) newer 2010 API. Addons built for older Orbiter version sometimes work in newer versions - but not the other way around.

This said, I recommend a simple solution: downloading, installing and configuring Orbiter 2010. It should work flawlessly on your older machine. The most recent Orbiter 2016 is indeed more demanding to computer resources. But the difference between 2006 and 2010 versions is minimal: if 2006 works OK, you won't notice any performance difference in 2010. Even DxD9Client (external graphic client) makes miracles in 2010 with even the most modest and simple graphic cards!

Orbiter 2010 will give access to many more addons than 2006. My own list of 2006 addons has pretty much just simple POCs and small demos, where I was still learning how to code for Orbiter. And all my most recent and current recent addons are still developed primarily for 2010, with 2016 versions being "secondary" (as Orbiter 2016 introduced too many breaking changes, and some gaps are still to be filled).

Turf Flyer

Reaction score
I installed Orbiter 2010 and Vostok now works perfectly with it. Thanks for taking the time to offer that advice Igel. Vostok is an amazing add on. It is very rewarding to be able to experience the first manned spaceflights in such detail. You have done tremendous work. Thanks again.

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I installed Orbiter 2010 and Vostok now works perfectly with it. Thanks for taking the time to offer that advice Igel. Vostok is an amazing add on. It is very rewarding to be able to experience the first manned spaceflights in such detail. You have done tremendous work. Thanks again.
So good to know it works for you - and thanks a lot for the kind words :). Enjoy my - and hundreds or thousands - of many other excellent addons!