Question What are your favourite pictures and why? (space related)

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Here's a few of mine.
602px-Apollo_11_Lunar_Module_Eagle_in_landing_configuration_in_lunar_orbit_from_the_Command_and_Service_Module_Columbia.jpg

Columbia. I like how the light shines off of Columbia, it makes it feel more epic.

85345e58ab7f1487cf970f21d67fcdee.jpg

Neil Armstrong after EVA 1. I love the smile on his face, he's on top of the world. (Well higher actually :lol: )

486px-S-IC_engines_and_Von_Braun.jpg

Von Braun with Saturn V's S-IC engines. Just makes you think of how people make things that make the creators seem small.

Ap10-KSC-69PC-110.jpg

Saturn V. I like how it shows the immense size of the Saturn V, I wish I could see one upright up close. :(

Darren

gimp1992

Reaction score
This 500 mm telephoto photo from Apollo 15 shows how small the LEM (3 miles away) appears on the moon. This photo, taken on EVA 2, 300 feet up the side of Mt. Hadley Delta, the half-mile-wide crater Pluton lies beyond the LEM.

AS15-84-11324HR.jpg

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
752px-AS4-1-410HR.jpg

Earth from the Apollo 4 Command Module. It seems to be very rarely used but is an amazing picture of our planet.

STS061-57-021.jpg

HST and Moon during STS-61. Low quality but a great picture.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tycho6

Reaction score
This is one I quite like. It reminds me of sitting outside in the cold with my old Dobsonian scope, watching Io transit.
I'm also a fan of photos which remind us those distant points of light are real, three-dimensional places.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
This is one I quite like. It reminds me of sitting outside in the cold with my old Dobsonian scope, watching Io transit.
I'm also a fan of photos which remind us those distant points of light are real, three-dimensional places.

It's an ok picture, but it shows Io and not Europa. :p
Guess which my favourite is. :lol:

Darren

Edit:
144685main_aldrin_moon.jpg

This one's a classic.
When I typed Moon into google images there wasn't as much Sailor Moon as I thought there would. :lol:
What a terrible show...

Last edited:

Tycho6

Reaction score
For the Europa partisans, a view from Voyager 1. :salute:

Also in the icy moon category, the fascinating Enceladus. One of the growing list of moons that really deserves its own orbiter and lander. Better yet, a manned expedition. Perhaps one day...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
More people need to be reminded of this.

Sort of unrelated, but some of the finest times I've had have been in the cold on my garage roof, watching the sky. Right up there with sitting in the cold in a forest, watching birds. :cheers:

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think the expedition to Enceladus should land right at that "fork in the canyon" so the astronauts could have some interesting scenery to view. It also just happens to be one of my favorite geological formations in the solar system.

I wish there were more high-res Enceladus textures in that color. *Hint hint*