Discussion What do you think about the new update after the 120 minute outage? Do you think it’s possible to download the addons from OHM in the resources?

Ericman832

Reaction score
Take a moment to discuss and see what your rating to the new update is. I’ll do my best to answer questions from members, moderators, or administrators of this forum.

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It's a solid like, 3/10 at the moment - there's no addons since some arbitrary point in 2019 for some reason I have yet to work out, but I'll get the rest of them in soon!

Ericman832

Reaction score
It's a solid like, 3/10 at the moment - there's no addons since some arbitrary point in 2019 for some reason I have yet to work out, but I'll get the rest of them in soon!
Thank you for explaining, I think the possibility to get OHM back up may take up to next month to get it up and running. It’s really not the same without addons. Do you think the same thing as I?

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Patience you have to learn, young Padawan. ?‍♂️
Yeah, for sure.

Thank you for explaining, I think the possibility to get OHM back up may take up to next month to get it up and running. It’s really not the same without addons. Do you think the same thing as I?
Not quite. We won't reopen OHM in the way that it has been. What we'll have instead is a fixed version of what we have now - all the add-ons that were in OHM will live here, in OF, instead, over in the Resources section.

All of those add-ons are in the forum database now, though as usually happens with projects like this, the data translation between the two systems has been difficult, to say the least. I've had to develop custom software to bridge the gap, which hasn't necessarily catered for every eventuality in the ~5500 item dataset, so some of the add-on entries aren't perfect, but at least can be accessed and downloaded.

gamer19

Reaction score
that must be the longest topic title I've ever seen ?
there's no need for any text later... everything is explained in title itself ?

Ericman832

Reaction score
Yeah, for sure.

Not quite. We won't reopen OHM in the way that it has been. What we'll have instead is a fixed version of what we have now - all the add-ons that were in OHM will live here, in OF, instead, over in the Resources section.

All of those add-ons are in the forum database now, though as usually happens with projects like this, the data translation between the two systems has been difficult, to say the least. I've had to develop custom software to bridge the gap, which hasn't necessarily catered for every eventuality in the ~5500 item dataset, so some of the add-on entries aren't perfect, but at least can be accessed and downloaded.
Right Xyon. As of now, all the imported addons are in the resources and it can take alot of finding in each section of the addons to do if we want the addon that we really want.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Right Xyon. As of now, all the imported addons are in the resources and it can take alot of finding in each section of the addons to do if we want the addon that we really want.
Yes.