Question What space games do you like other than Orbiter?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You'll have to... that video is about 3 years old already, and it doesn't look like they made any progress since then... :facepalm:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I would play Star Trek Online, if it was free to play, but of course it isn't, sadly.
Although there is a FTP browser based Star Trek game currently in beta, but I can't seem to find it right now. :facepalm:

Darren
I'd just like to update this statement, despite the monthly payment I have started playing STO, and I'm having tons of fun with it so far. :thumbup:

Darren

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'd just like to update this statement, despite the monthly payment I have started playing STO, and I'm having tons of fun with it so far. :thumbup:

Darren
I considered playing it, but decided against it for my aversion to online games, and also because there's too much TNG and not enough TMP. Give me a Saladin or a Constellation and I'll reconsider.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Space Station 13 is an interesting game if you want to worry about sucking vacuum on a station full of homicidal traitors, brain-sucking changelings, nuclear assaults, strange wizards and chest-bursting xenomorphs. Don't lose your emergency oxygen tank, because there won't be any left in the lockers when its really needed.
ss13postcard.jpg

Shinrar

Reaction score
Space Station 13 is an interesting game if you want to worry about sucking vacuum on a station full of homicidal traitors, brain-sucking changelings, nuclear assaults, strange wizards and chest-bursting xenomorphs. Don't lose your emergency oxygen tank, because there won't be any left in the lockers when its really needed.
ss13postcard.jpg

Used to play SS13 all the time, but...
I have to admit, I got rather tired of the griefers. Maybe I just wasn't that good of a player, but I always wound up dead very quickly. :(

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
ss13postcard.jpg
Interesting, sounds like The Ship, but in space. :hmm:

Darren

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
i used to play freelancer (not realistic, but fun), now iev stopped playing, but await the release of freeworlds: Tides of War mod eagerly, because it looks like the best mod ever, almost a complete rework of the game, ive never seen a mod change so much of a game.

its a PC game, old microsoft, so its kinda cheap, but the modding community at ModDB have done wonders to bring it back to life

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Master of Orion and Acendancy (thank the Gods for DOSBox), Babylon 5 I've Found Her, and I keep thinking I'll go on eBay and find a copy of Homeworld.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Master of Orion 3! It got bad reviews, and some people say it sucks, but I love it. It gives you a much better feeling of what ruling an empire is like: you have these reports come across your desk, and you have to deal with them in turn, you have to delegate a lot, and the diplomacy engine is fun.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
and the diplomacy engine is fun.

The diplomacy engine would have been fun if it worked. The game had huge potential, but it was released unfinished, and support was stopped after a few superficial patches. Seriously, I have never seen any publisher who cares less for a product. Or the customers, for that matter. It was just freaking insulting.