Search Where can I find this huge captial ship?

Keatah

Reaction score
Where can I find this ship -- http://forums.surclaro.com/topic19432.html

I've looked quite a bit of OH and in google and keep coming up empty handed - or getting my head stuffed with stupid non-relevant google-advertising and general internet crap from pages spoofing themselves with "similar" and "like" results.. ughhh..

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know, but I have seen that ship before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggEH-Pi06ds"]Expansion-An Orbiter Movie - YouTube[/ame]

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
That is the Destiny, I believe, from Stargate Universe, and a part of the Rag Tag Fleet.

Been looking on the Hanger, but haven't found it yet.

--------------

Actually, it's the 'Manifest', inspired by the 'Destiny'. I still haven't found it on the hanger but I found it in a backup drive.

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
It wasn't called the Destiny, but that's what it is. Its the Destiny from StarGate: Universe. The Orbiter version was made by Rag Tag Fleet. AFAIK, it's not available anywhere at the moment, due to RTF taking their forum down.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Indeed. The Manifest was one of my favorite large ships, due to it's scifi performance. Sadly, it seems to have become lost, along with the rest of the Rag Tag Fleet.

I suggest that we see if anyone still has ships from the fleet, and post them to the hangar, so that they don't become totally lost.

EDIT: SCORE! I just used the Wayback Machine to find this page: http://web.archive.org/web/20111129...lippersmobile.com/forum/index.php?topic=112.0

Looks like the downloads are good!

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
SOME of the downloads are good. Page 2 downloads aren't working. And some of the updated DLL's aren't working. Nor are the firefly 2011 files available either.

I have a good portion of the files, on backups. It is also important to capture the pages and save them as they ARE the documentation.

This is why I never trust "the cloud", it can be taken away at any time. Stupid --- internet. That dog grooming advertisement is working I bet, but I won't click on it. All they wanna do is shove crap down your throat in the name of $$$!

Why did RTF go away in the first place?

Last edited:

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
If I'm recalling the story correctly, the RTF's forums were hosted on the dog grooming site's server-Rag Tag set the site up for his relatives, and they were willing to host his forums, within certain bounds though. Those bounds got tested by malicious folks, and one day after a attack that got out of the spam traps and spread obscene material over the forums the bounds were left smashed and broken and Rag Tag had to close the forums.

We owe those dog groomers a debt for hosting the Fleet as long as they did, so I think we should be a bit kinder to them.

Also, I don't think uploading the Fleet to Orbiter Hanger would be a good idea, since Rag Tag has yet to give the okay. It's his choice where he wants them to be hosted, not ours.

Keatah

Reaction score
Ohh I see. When there is lack of information it is easy to assume anything and say anything. So far the original spammers have won and are still winning, because they bought down the site and it stayed down.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
This is why I never trust "the cloud", it can be taken away at any time.

Everything on the internet is part of the cloud, this forum is hosted at a cloud provider.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I suggest that we see if anyone still has ships from the fleet, and post them to the hangar, so that they don't become totally lost.

We can't do that without the authors permission.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think we attempted that on another thread, but I don't think we ever got in contact with the author/builder/creator of the vessels.

Interceptor

Reaction score
We should keep trying to contact them,those ships were true gems,and I use to have them all until a my old HD died.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think we attempted that on another thread, but I don't think we ever got in contact with the author/builder/creator of the vessels.

From what I recall, Gattispilot had some contact with him, and had permission to upload whatever he wanted, but he lacked the files themselves, or something. :shrug:

Interceptor

Reaction score
From what I recall, Gattispilot had some contact with him, and had permission to upload whatever he wanted, but he lacked the files themselves, or something. :shrug:
But,if some people have all the files here on OF,and there permission then what's the problem?

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If there's a permission and the files, the only problem is probably comunication.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. I have some files. It was basically do what ever he (jon) didn't want to be referenced in them. Not sure why. I think he was trying to make a clean break from Orbiter and didn't want the questions and request some make.

I didn't see the Manifest in my files. I have the LeXX and Moth ships. Working on a Taelon Shuttle also. But trying to get a true ID(Inter dimension) Drive MFD to work

Interceptor

Reaction score
Yes. I have some files. It was basically do what ever he (jon) didn't want to be referenced in them. Not sure why. I think he was trying to make a clean break from Orbiter and didn't want the questions and request some make.

I didn't see the Manifest in my files. I have the LeXX and Moth ships. Working on a Taelon Shuttle also. But trying to get a true ID(Inter dimension) Drive MFD to work

What about,if we can get all the ships from people on OF that still have the files,and put them up on the hangar,could you get in touch with him again John,and ask his permission?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What about,if we can get all the ships from people on OF that still have the files,and put them up on the hangar,could you get in touch with him again John,and ask his permission?

I think not.
This was from JOn regarding my collections
"
If you decide to download the archive you can do with it as you wish. There are lots of models and textures as well as all the DLL code. There are no projects because it would have taken to much space.

I cannot lend any assistance so you are own your own with it."

"[FONT=Courier New, courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif]If people ask you about the future of the Fleet or my add-ons just tell them they are gone for good. There is no escaping a plunge into the sun. :)"[/FONT]

We are working on a Correct Destiny.

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Well what if we could tell him that the rag tag fleet ships uploaded on the OH,would be as is,and the author,was not to be,E mailed,or bothered about them?