Base Wideawake International Ascension Ultra 2010 Edition

Jeorbit

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Would anyone still have the Wideawake International Ascension Ultra 2010 Edition somewhere ?

It's supposed to be a quite stable beta and I would like to see if it works with Orbiter 2016, as the current downloadable version does not seem to work (the base is almost under water. Might be related to that HD elevation data though).

Anyway, I tried to download that Ultra 2010 Edition from the Bitbucket repo, but it seems to be unavailable. So if anyone has it on his disk somewhere, I'd be happy to try it!

(for the X-Planers out there, that situation reminds me the quasi-mythical Azure Island addon!)

Last edited:

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Be Aware that it is still in beta, which I dont know if WHAP is still working on it or not.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I would not hold my breath about any surface base from Orbiter 2010 working in Orbiter 2016, beta or not.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's supposed to be a quite stable beta and I would like to see if it works with Orbiter 2016, as the current downloadable version does not seem to work (the base is almost under water. Might be related to that HD elevation data though).

Yes, it was a stable beta, but no, it does not work in 2016. Elevation is one of the reasons, transparency another, and there is also the thing with OrbiterSound and UMmu being not fully compatible with 2016.

Anyway, I tried to download that Ultra 2010 Edition from the Bitbucket repo, but it seems to be unavailable.

This is because I've closed the repository to the public due to licensing problems. At that point WHAP had practically abandoned the project as designer anyway, so keeping it up was just keeping open a flank to anti-GPL trolls.

I'm playing with the idea to upgrade it once 2016 sees all the add-ons brought up to speed again, but as boogabooga wrote: don't hold your breath.

Last edited:

Jeorbit

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I understand things are indeed in flux at the moment, with some cornerstone addons such as OrbiterSound and UMmu not entirely up to speed with 2016.

Well, there's already a lot to do anyway as it is, so it was just me being a spoiled little kid with all that superb community work ;)

Thanks for the clarification Face!

Cheers.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
what bunch of damn morons. Sorry that you had to lock it.

Such is life. :shrug:
It doesn't always have to be Orbiter modules to keep one busy, you can also do tools like e.g. OT3. Those don't suffer from the GPL discrepancy and therefore don't offer too big an attack surface for destructive individuals.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Those don't suffer from the GPL discrepancy and therefore don't offer too big an attack surface for destructive individuals.

Or you relax.

There is just one GPL related legal case in the world in the whole GPL history. And thats the Hellwig case in Germany regarding VMWare ESXI.

If you feel like the GPL is not enough (which it actually is in German law), the current fix is the contributor license agreement CLA.

See here about some German overview there: https://www.heise.de/developer/artikel/Rechtliche-Sicherheit-bei-Open-Source-Beitraegen-3807788.html

Since many here use already Github, this simple service by SAP here might really be a choice: https://cla-assistant.io/

I don't want to derail this much further at this point. Again, relax.

A CLA for SSU could really be a nice idea... OK, its just for getting martins autograph. :lol:

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Or you relax.

Which I do. Not having to deal with yet-another-license-PM/email is relaxing. :thumbup:

A CLA for SSU could really be a nice idea... OK, its just for getting martins autograph. :lol:

Yep, the later would be the best argument for it. :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Which I do. Not having to deal with yet-another-license-PM/email is relaxing. :thumbup:

Well... well. How is the weather? :lol: