Working on a computer

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Since I took more than 15 minutes to refresh this page, this would be my second time writing this.:(

I am at school again working on a computer that I recently rebuilt. The computer is an or use to be an Alden Associates. Now its just kinda a chunk of everything.

I was checking over a couple computers getting them ready for use, when I found one having problems. I dug inside and found the MCH melted. I ransacked the office and found another unused motherboard which turned out to be a ECS P4VMM2 Vs 8.1. As it turns out, the board comes with an Intel Pentium 4, 1.5 GHz 478 pin uPGA.

When putting it together, I found that the power supply didnot have the correct wires for the motherboard. I ran through at least 4 different supplys before I found one that fit, and had the correct wires.

Upon windows start I found that the OS install was corrupted. So I tried to install XP Pro again, but first formated the HD. As it turned out the format didnot work properly and it continued to install XP Pro on the same partition. So far I have not seen any glitches.

Now its on to installing drivers. I found a nice little tool that helps me analize the computer hardware. Its called Everest Home Edition.

Right now I am downloading a driver for the NIC and a VGA compatable video driver.

2Kbs - 4 hours left for both downloads... I really hope they are the correct drivers. :)