World of Colliers

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
I know, I know...I really need to get back to this add-on. The Mars ships are mostly done, by Missleman01; I've been accurizing, texturing, and in some cases converting them to the 1952 Magazine version, as there were significant differences from the book version.

Another holdup has been the sure knowledge that, should I finish the Mars ships, the add-on will still be stymied by the lack of a good formation-flying capability to link 12 behemoth Mars ships to burn for Mars together. Computerex's SimonMFD still isn't quite up to the task, but I'm convinced the minor issues can be resolved and that it could do it. So hooray, that's one obstacle partially removed.

So I'll get back on it, really I will.

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
To tide you over, though, you can try a new scenario NOW. It's based on just a short description in the book, of tow-testing the ferry rocket final stage to check low-speed handling characteristics. The idea was to tow the stage aloft behind what was then a very modern, shiny aircraft, either a 707 or a...B-47.

So you'll need TetherMFD and Kev33's B-47 for this scenario.

You'll also need to renumber scenarios 2 and up so that they list in order. This is the new number 2; it comes after #1 (duh).

Attachments

• 2 - Glide test of the Ferry Rocket.scn
    1.7 KB · Views: 724

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
*disembodied voice*

Spuuuutniiiiik... Get to wooooooork on this aaaaaddooooooon...

*fades out*