Challenge Would anyone be interested in this?

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
I'm thinking about posting my Solar System Transport Vehicle (SSTV) Mark II model online and with it a challenge to see who can fly the fastest Lunar Orbit to Pluto Orbit using it.

Now this will require a LOT of addons the least of which would be a Pluto addon as well as all the IMS related addons, but I think it would be a lot of fun to see how people handle a ship with around 20Mm/s of delta V fully loaded with 17 XR5s worth of cargo pods PLUS 2 fully loaded XR5s docked to it.

I did a preliminary attempt to find a generic Trans Pluto Injection (TPI) burn from Lunar orbit for a 100 day transit to Pluto using the SSTV Mark I and came up with a value around 350km/s. At 3 G's (SSTV Mark I is capable of 5Gs fully loaded and the SSTV Mark II might reach 7Gs fully loaded) that would be around a 3.2 HOUR TPI burn. Can any of the MFD's handle that sort of burn?

Anyway, is there any interest in this sort of a challenge? If I do post it, it will probably be at the end of the summer as I still have to BUILD the SSTV Mark II from the Mark I model I already have. This would definitely be for high end systems. My Quad Core 3.2GHz I3 system only gets about 30 FPS when I'm flying the SSTV Mark I.

Dantassii

---------- Post added 06-17-15 at 05:34 ---------- Previous post was 06-16-15 at 20:05 ----------

The FPS quoted above was using the DX9 add on. With DX7, the FPS is around 5-18.

Dantassii

Dantassii

Reaction score
325 views but no one has shown any interest.

Ok.

Dantassii