Tutorial www.fly-zero-g.com

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
I like the splitting of your orbiter tutorial. From easy to difficult.
But some pages you must be a bit more descriped.
Ans what do you mean with "Faster than light" page.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You're breaking copyright laws by posting some of those figures, and the FAA probably wouldn't be too happy with you directly linking to their documents without any credit.

ibjammin

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Thanks for the critque

Thanks for the critique. I usually try to credit where I get the information and for got to put it in. I make a note of it.

Tommy

Reaction score
I'm not sure giving credit is enough. Many of those pictures are taken from the Orbiter manual, which is copyrighted. Did you get permission from martins to use them? AFAIK it's OK to link to the FAA docs (since it's a government agency and these docs are "public"), but the FAA isn't the best source for info on space flight. As i mentioned in my post on your blog, "spaceplanes" use different techniques than conventional aircraft, and many of your techniques (especially the landing technique) are designed for conventional aircraft.

The vast majority of the methods you teach are horribly inefficient, and while they will work with a Delta Glider's over-generous Delta-V, they will only lead to failure and frustration for anyone using most of the other vessels available - especially the more realistic ones.

I suspect you are well versed with conventional flight simulators, but seem quite inexperienced with spaceflight and Orbiter.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Great stuff Tommy.Do the graphics actually look like that in warp driveMFD,also what ship is that in the picture, very cool.Really dig your new website.I have learned a great deal from you, and hopefully others will too.Thanks. Pete

Dambuster

Reaction score
Looking excellent so far, nice work! :speakcool:

One small thing is that on the main page you've put "Guess book" instead of "Guest book".