OHM XR 2 German Military

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: pennyblack

Here is a top and bottom skin UPDATE of the the XR2 that gives you the old German Military livery.

Update notice... Added credits.

Installation...
Installation wont over-right your currently used livery skins so just extract into your orbiter directory. A Scenario which uses the skin is included in the Ravenstar/skin demo scenarios folder in  Orbiters Launchpad.

If you wish to use them as standard then open the zip and take the skins from the Textures/XR2Ravenstar/Skins/German XR2 folder and place them into the Orbiter/Textures/XR2Ravenstar folder, over-righting your current skins.

Original credits go to Douglas E Beachy and Steve"Coolhand"Tyler.

DOWNLOAD

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Given that this is the third skin I've seen from you in the last hour alone, why not make them into a "skin pack"?

I like this one too, btw. It's sleek :)

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Battle of Britain would have ended in a really bad way... Nice skin!

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Well, the XR2 isn't armed, so all it would be able to do is crash into the other planes.

As long as they could afford to fuel it, I think there would be many more effective and less self-destructive military applications for a space plane than crashing it, even if it couldn't carry weapons - which it can, since it has a cargo bay, and at orbital velocities, anything is a weapon.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I thought about a skin pack, but personally I thought it would be to large in file size. I also enjoy the thought of pick n mix.
Your comments are encourageing and I thankyou for them. I enjoy the work and aim to do more. My mouth waters when I think about the possible XR5 skins, but will stick at XR2 for now while I get used to it.

Glad you liked this one, it's my fav and reminds me of the Philidelphia Experiment II.

lalbanof

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding fastidious...

But I think that the national insignia that would go with the Federal Republic of Germany flag (black, red, gold) would be the Iron Cross-like one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roundel_of_the_German_Air_Force_border.svg

rather than the balkenkreuz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Balkenkreuz.svg

Besides, if we were to be strict to historical accuracy, the old livery would probably include a swastika (which is quite controversial and even forbidden by law in some countries) on the vertical stabilizers. The old German Luftwaffe livery could include some sort of olive green mottling on the upper fuselage or something like that.

But I would prefer the Federal Republic livery, anyhow

Bendarr

Reaction score
Well, the XR2 isn't armed, so all it would be able to do is crash into the other planes.

Not quite. The planes back then were subsonic. Imagine what the shock wave from a mach plus XR2 could do to a squadron of craft as it simply flys through at mach 4, 5 or whatever? Wouldn't need a weapon, the plane would BE the weapon.