Search XR 2 Nose Wheel Steering, Taxiing

combrown

Reaction score
Hi Folks

This my first post so hello.
Been using Orbiter for quite some time and it has been quite a lot of fun.
My current problem I am having is ground steering when taxiing to a runway or parking ramp.

The XR2 for some reason is incredibly hopeless at turning.
Unless this is something else I tested another ship like my favourite general purpose transport the DG IV and response for this unit is fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, if so any ideas on how to fix it.

Cheers folks

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Taxiing on the ground is a common problem. Use left and right brake to help a bit. Also add more power to the 'outside' engine (or less to the inside)

joiz

Reaction score
meh. could someone use whatever makes the DGIV turn in making XRs? same goes for XR5, and XR1

Sky Captain

Reaction score
Actually it`s possible to turn XR2 around in place by putting one retro engine to full thrust and opposite main engine to 25% and XR2 will spin round without going anywhere although it will take some time.

Dambuster

Reaction score
Try turning on the "ATM AUTO" (or similar) on the control panel. I'm not sure what this is/what it stands for, but in the XR5 it seemed to make a large difference to controlling it on the ground.

combrown

Reaction score
This is a shame as I am so surprised that other craft like the DG turn very effectively.

Not sure if it is something that is simply coded to the addon or whether it is based on real physics that effect the craft in this way.

One thing I really like about the XR2 is it's sexy look it has similar characteristics to the SR 71 blackbird, and I have a really nice thoughts about that plane, it was a technological goliath for the time.

Looks like it will be back to the DGIV
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the DGIV but deltas of this kind don't appeal to me.

But the DGIVs versatility and functionality makes up for it.

Cheers