Problem XR2 AF CTRL sluggish control response

usmcnaz

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the XR2 in ascent from Cape Canaveral to ISS during atmospheric flight during take off and climbing to 24-28km to use the SCRAM. First, when I get to rotation speed on the runway (and hear the call-out), with full joystick input the XR2 doesn't respond right away; but eventually lifts off. Next, when I go full throttle on the main engines and nose up to 50 degrees, the XR2 lags behind the control inputs of my joystick (warthog). The craft will pitch and yaw and I can't maintain a course heading. When I get to 24km altitude the craft won't nose over to level flight. I've seen other videos on YT and they don't seem to have the issue I am having. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
James

usmcnaz

Reaction score
How does it respond to simple keyboard inputs?

Responds the same with keyboard inputs. Probably a setting I messed up somewhere. Seems to be a unique problem for me. I think I will re-install instead.

Marijn

Reaction score
The control surfaces of the XR vessels are animated. In external view it should give you a good idea whether your inputs work as expected.

You don't mention speed in your description. That makes me feel there's another problem with your flight which isn't related to joystick or keyboard inputs. You should be around mach 3.5 at 24 km. Can you confirm that?