Error XR2 Mmu error

SiriusXAim

Reaction score
Website
www.stephenvincentphoto.com
Hi.

So I've installed the XR2, which is a spacecraft I loved since the first pre-production screenshots were released.

Only one thing. I can't EVA. Basically, I get "INTERNAL: Mmu ERROR: EVA FAILED" in the status screens. Accompanied by the ever so pleasant PNEEET sound.

How so? I installed the XR2 just as directed and it says it is compatible with 2016. I even added XR sounds. Note that I run the D3D9 client.

This gives me a significant frustrate as I cannot really do any interplanetary missions or moon missions above some Apollo 8-esque stuff and rendez-vous with the ISS. Bummer. Especially with the magnificence of Orbiter 2016 and it's super high rez textures that would make an absolute joy of a stroll on the moon.

PS. Sorta unrelated, but is there any chance we'll ever see a functional VC for the XR2? Even if it's just the MFD's? This craft is near perfect and a functional VC would bring it to absolute perfection. 3D switches to beyond perfection.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That behavior is by design until the UMMu replacement (named Orbiter MMU, or oMMU) is ready: UMMu is not compatible with Orbiter 2016 -- it crashes to desktop -- and so I finally removed it from the XR vessels since a beep and a message is much better than a crash-to-desktop. From the release thread:

XR Vessel Release Highlights

• XR vessels now use XRSound, and therefore no longer need to bundle their sound files with each vessel anymore: all sounds are included with the XRSound download.
  • Removed UMMu support since UMMu crashes in Orbiter 2016. Mmu support will be restored when the new designed-for-Orbiter-2016 oMMU ships. oMMU will be in alpha testing with the XR vessels in the coming weeks.
  • Resolved braking performance issues in Orbiter 2016.

MMu support will be re-implemented, just not for a little while yet. :)

SiriusXAim

Reaction score
Website
www.stephenvincentphoto.com
Thanks! That's good news! Can't wait for it! EVA's in 2016 would be awesome!

I truly hope UMMU and many legacy addons will be ported to 2016. I hope the new Orbiter wont suffer from "addon holdback syndrome" where most of all the cool addons get stuck on the older version, few gets developed for the newer version, greatly limiting its appeal despite the major improvements.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I hope the new Orbiter wont suffer from "addon holdback syndrome" where most of all the cool addons get stuck on the older version, few gets developed for the newer version, greatly limiting its appeal despite the major improvements.

No worries. Orbiter already suffers enough from the "closed-source middle-ware developer wanders off" syndrome, thank you very much.

JohnSpeed

Reaction score
Greetings! Maybe someone know how to change crew without eva? maybe by a file? editing of xr2ravenstarprefs is't helping.

Cameo82

Reaction score
So far I haven't found a fix, does anyone have any idea if EVA is possible on Xr2 and Xr 1? I get the same error message on both.

hhaonn

Reaction score
I have another question: How about "XR2 Crew swap" as "UMMu" replacement?