Yet another intro thread, yay.......

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!:hello:

I've been around here for a while simply to use the OrbitHangar review form, but I decided to become active amongst other aerospace enthusiasts.

I am, first and foremost, a high school senior on the verge of graduation. I had heard about Orbiter about, uh, five-six months ago through a Flight Simulator addon site named SimViation, on a detour through the Av-Sim forums, I found the link and decided to pursue it.

Basically, Orbiter filled the role of the dream video game I've wanted since I was five, heheh.

With a small knowledge of advanced mathematics, and years of atmospheric flight sim expirience, I have thus far managed to start several Colonies on Mars, make several deep space rescues, and do the occasional slingshot to direct re-entry around the Moon and back. (I would kindly appreciate someone verifying my experience on that.) However, my impatience does tend to get the better of me, so most of my attempted flights do end in CTDs, oh well.

Long paragraphs aside, I do have a project I have in mind, but I do need some guidance. Since I can code Java and C++, that should be simple. What I do need is a guide to 3D modeling, as I have a desire to re-create the system of planets known as Heaven's Fence from Claudio Sanchez's Amory Wars comic books, as well as re-create some of the notable ships.

I thank you if you actually took the time to read my dissertation, and a humbly ask to become part of the community. Also, since I've seen quite a larger French population about on other boards and the Hangar, I'm an advanced-level French language student, should the need arise.

Good day, gentlemen.:tiphat:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum (this is like, the 5th welcome i've done today :p)

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
Heheh, appreciated all the same.

PeriapsisPrograde

Wannabe addon dev
Reaction score
:welcome:

People with names in red are admins.
People with names in blue are moderators.

:probe: "The Probe" is an inside joke, and few of us here still remember how it started :p

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum (this is like, the 5th welcome i've done today :p)
mmhhmm, youre not hoarding posts or anything :p

Welcome to O-F...dont forget to drop by the chat...and everywhere else:thumbup:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What he's trying to say is... don't piss those people off. :thumbup:

It is generally a good advice to not do that to anyone. No matter if here or in the real world.

But instead of talking about annoying other members, let's welcome this new one...

:welcome: to the forums!

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
:welcome:

People with names in red are admins.
People with names in blue are moderators.

:probe: "The Probe" is an inside joke, and few of us here still remember how it started :p

I found a short wiki article on it, methinks I get it. Maybe.

mmhhmm, youre not hoarding posts or anything :p

Welcome to O-F...dont forget to drop by the chat...and everywhere else:thumbup:

I'll fire up my old IRC client soon.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums! Have a nice stay and don't forget to hail the Probe at least 5 times a day, or else... :lol:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums! It's funny, I found Orbiter in the exact same way you described. Hope you enjoy everything as much as I have.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
:welcome: and :hailprobe:
Don't forget the most holy of weekdays, Tuesday, and the most holy of all days, October 4th, aka Probe Day.
:p