Yet another new simpit

Robb Bates

Reaction score
For any controls that don't have a hotkey, you'll have to either stick with the mouse clicks or use a combination of software to map a keypress or joystick button to an on screen mouse click. It's a problem many of us have.

Please start a new thread on this topic. This thread is for updates on my simpit.

Update:

I wired up my MJoy16 to my joystick and throttle last night. I tiny bit jittery, but I think I an RC filter might smooth it out a bit. Or a larger cap on the AVCC or AREF pin. I'm using 0.01uF istead of the recommended 0.1uF. Probably shouldn't be surprised.

Robb

Robb Bates

Reaction score
More progress on my SimPit.

Mostly geared towards Microsoft Flight Simulator, but as you can see I've included two MFD hardware button panels, a HUD panel above the touch screen and the Airlock panel (with a guard covered undock button), Cargo, and other stuff.

More photos later.

Robb

Attachments

• IMAGE_124.jpg
    IMAGE_124.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAGE_125.jpg
    IMAGE_125.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAGE_117.jpg
    IMAGE_117.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAGE_118.jpg
    IMAGE_118.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAGE_119.jpg
    IMAGE_119.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 85

Robb Bates

Reaction score
Part 2.

Robb

Attachments

• IMAGE_121.jpg
    IMAGE_121.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAGE_120.jpg
    IMAGE_120.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAGE_122.jpg
    IMAGE_122.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAGE_123.jpg
    IMAGE_123.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 60

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Me like :)

Good job man

Robb Bates

Reaction score
Ah, you noticed. That was my first modification. Specially designed to withstand the extreme forces of SimPit maneuvers.

And the next was the phone. So my wife could order me to initiate a de-orbit burn ... cause dinner's on the table.

Robb

Robb Bates

Reaction score
Tremendous progress. Just one bad and slightly old picture. I'll get some better pictures up this weekend.

New PC upgrade, iZ3D 3D monitor, TrackIR 5.

IMAG0094.jpg

Robb

Robb Bates

Reaction score
Yes, haven't decided on the color. Spaceship grey?

Paint's cheap, but I'm broke. It's going to have to wait about another 3 weeks. I prefer to eat. I'm going to have to pull all the panels off and paint under them. That's going to be a pain, but must be done.

I didn't get new pictures up like I said I would, did I? :embarrassed:

I got my new iZ3D monitor and TrackIR in. Way too cool. The 3D monitor doesn't help with Orbiter since it's still running on DirectX7 and not 9+. But it looks awesome with MS Flight Sim. The TrackIR is awesome.

I've been playing with AutoHotKey and I think that is going to be my interim solution for mapping the two green keypads to the MFD buttons.

Robb

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Don't forget to check the 'oops' paint shelf at Home Depot. Cheap!

Robb Bates

Reaction score
It's this wonderful device that lets you talk to people in a different place. ;D

OK, sorry... Really it's just so I don't have to get out of my SimPit when a call comes in. It's a bit awkward crawling in and out.

Robb