yooww !!

acesax23

O-F Facebook Correspondent
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
yooooo , my name is acesax (real name) .. Im a Filipino with Spanish blood , well , i really love ORBITER 2010 because it taught me many things. And ill be astronaut soon (i wish) . i wish i can have friends here in the community so that discoveries will be share together. LOL .

:cheers: :cheers:

i got problems , Can someone teach me how to go in orbit in 300-350 km ALT??
well , i only knew how to orbit earth in low alt .. LOL

and step-by-step launch to orbit in 300-350 km ALT ..

Thanks!

ORBITER ROCKS!!:cheers::tiphat:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
welcome aboard!

you're right! Orbiter DOES rock :headbang:

getting to orbit efficiently really depends on what ship you're trying to get up there...
but as a rule of thumb:
you're in orbit when you're free-falling and going fast enough so the surface curves down below you before you hit it....

which means - orbit is more about "speed" than "altitude"

take the DG, for instance - takeoff, turn eastwards (so the rotation of the earth gives you a hand), then blast off in that general direction....

fly with a 40 degrees pitch untill you get to about 30-40
km high, then slowly bring the nose down to about 10 degrees...

continue acccelerating (look in your Orbit MFD) as the green circle starts to grow - try to keep the vector ball near 5 degrees or so in the meantime...

keeping your pitch low will make the green circle grow towards the opposite side of the planet from where you are - when it grows larger than the white one, you're pretty much in orbit....
check your ApA (highest point in your orbit) reading - cut your engines when it reaches your desired altitude, then sit back and relax for a bit... you can let your ship coast it's

way until you get there... check the ApT (seconds untill highest point) as you go, you may use time accel, but look alive as ApT approaches zero....

when it does, you'll be at your desired altitude, but if you leave it at that, you'll soon find yourself in a ball of flames going back to the earth you came from - you must now adjust your PeA (lowest point in orbit) to make your orbit circular

turn prograde (use the autopilot), and when ApT reaches zero - fire up the engines (slowly) and check your PeA as it rises

cut it off when it reads about the same as your ApA - congrat's, you've made it up to orbit! :thumbup:

you can now sit back, relax, have a beer and ponder over the fact that you still have to figure out what on earth you're gonna do to get back down :rofl:

cheers! :cheers:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
space shuttle is a little more difficult because it has limited fuel, but you can probably get it if you keep trying...same basic principles though. BE SURE TO TURN OFF UNLIMITED FUEL in the launchpad or the shuttle will be too heavy to reach orbit.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
shuttle is tricky - and by tricky i mean, no humans dare fly it by hand in RL - it's mostly flown by autopilot....

try using the LUA scripted autopilot (check the scripts/atlantis launch scenario) - see how that works - read the atlantis.pdf manual in the orbiter "Doc" folder...

the shuttle will not reach orbit unless you do things just right, for it has a very, very tight margin for error :thumbup:

the general idea is basically the same as i described earlier... but the shuttle requires some fine flying, and it takes off vertically (which is pretty obvious, i guess) - so the ascent path is somewhat different - steeper, than on the DG :thumbup:

acesax23

O-F Facebook Correspondent
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
yeah , thanks Statickid and Moach !

So you mean guys DG is much more easy to place in orbit than Space Shuttle ??

i used to practice the space shuttle everyday .. but it takes years to practice (maybe) the orbit , LOL ..

And guys , do you know how to edit .MSH file ? or meshes?
:rofl:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
And guys , do you know how to edit .MSH file ? or meshes?

Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

The forum does have a search function which will be helpful in answering questions like the one above.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
when i first started all i could do with the shuttle was run out of fuel! Also, for fun, try launching the shuttle straight up, without pitching... until it runs out of fuel. kinda interesting...a little bit sad, i guess!

IMO one of the BEST things you can learn about if you want to fly things manually is how to read the Rate of vertical acceleration off of the surface MFD. I can park into a circular orbit looking ONLY at the surface MFD, it is a very good instrument!

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
AFAIR the highest altitude for the Shuttle was 600 kilometers.

EDIT: AFAIR the highest orbital altitude achieved by the Shuttle so far has been 600 kilometers. :hail:

Last edited: