Your preferred spacecraft

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
My weapon of choice is the Shuttle-A. Big, ugly, utilitarian thing with a full command and habitat module. Out of all the fictional stock ships in Orbiter, it seems the most likely one to be actually built.

So what's yours?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Currently, because of development SSU, followed by the Black Dart (in dev).

But when I am not flying something of my own, I like the World of 2001 vessels.

steph

Reaction score
Well, DGIV and other DG offsprings. Wo2001 rules as well...Discovery, Leonov, Titov, Orion, the Ares, basically all of them. Besides those, I also like the Mercury and Soyuz capsules. I don't think I could say that there is any favourite craft...the preferences change from time to time.

Reaction score
i mainly fly the DGIV because its easy and im useless:lol:

but my favorite in the AMSO Saturn v:thumbsup:

steph

Reaction score
Yes, the cool thing about DGIV is that you can take off, fly to orbit then get back again only by pushing buttons (others than those for manual control):speakcool:

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I fly a number of different vessels, but have to admit that I too have an affinity for the Shuttle-A. There is something about it's common sense and utility that appeal to my simple mind. :)

I'm still waiting for one of the good video makers to feature a movie with the Shuttle-A -- no doubt to the tune of Rush's "Working Man".

-- Mike

andysim

Reaction score
The Deepstar and 2 DGIVs and the 2 landers that come with it is all I need for fun in the solar system -):p

And the XR5 to carry fuel to refill the deepstar hehe.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Currently the Altea Aerospace XR2-Ravenstar and the (coming) S3 Hyperdart.

The XR2 seems the most "real" in the sense of it actually being (looking like) a plane. And it's so detailed in terms of system modeling in addition to that killer look, that it's just hard to ignore.

The Hyperdart also looks absolutely killer, and has the allure of (promised) realistic modeling, as well as one of the BEST Virtual Cockpits I've seen yet (basically everything doable, is doable with a switch, lever or button).

If I could take the missing part of each of those 2 and mesh them (the VC in the XR2 and systems modeling in the HD), I might forget to eat. lol

I also like the concept of the Dragonfly and the Shuttle A for their "realistic"/"possible" natures.

And I'm watching SSU with much anticipation while I brush up on other skills before taking on even what's already done. That will definitely take a place on that altar as well.

LOTS of other really cool concepts and models, but the lack of a VC or systems modeling (and especially if it doesn't even have so much as a panel view) REALLY puts me off (kills immersion for me), which is a shame because many of them are definitely high quality everywhere else.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm still waiting for one of the good video makers to feature a movie with the Shuttle-A -- no doubt to the tune of Rush's "Working Man".

I think the Rawhide theme is still much better suited for it. :lol:

I have made a mod for the payload modules to allow replacing the Mesh, might be a nice addition for video making.

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I generally like flying anything that's real or realistic like the shuttle, Apollo, a Chapman probe or one of my other probes.

Spicer

Reaction score
Easily the XR-1 and 2. They're fun to fly and you can velcro all kinds of things to them.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
DGIV all the way!!!!!:thumbsup:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...and you can velcro all kinds of things to them.

Always a great reason to use a vessel. Who needs drop tanks when you can Velcro a few (read: 10-20) solid rocket boosters to the side/bottom/top/front/back of your vessel? ;)

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I generally like flying anything that's real or realistic like the shuttle, Apollo, a Chapman probe or one of my other probes.

I like too the realistic vehicles... But, i use the Space Shuttle (Fleet, while i wait for the SSU)/Delta 3 Second Stage stack for sending probes to Jupiter (Yes, your Io Orbiter and my Europa Orbiter went launched by this combination :p) or the Space Shuttle/TOS Stage for kicking my commercial satellites to GEO :p

Sedna

Reaction score
Hmm.

The DGIV and the XR2 are tops on my list...

Why? It gives me the privilege to kill myself if I am bored instead of quiting. :p

Major Tom

Aircraftman
Reaction score
DgIV and [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3629"]Perseus [/ame]for deep space. It also doubles as a space station.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
I'll have to say I'm with Shuttle-A. Armed with UCD, URMS and Energia Me and that faithful space truck is ready for any space mission that can come to mind. It's all purpose and can do just about anything.

Rilder

Reaction score
Mainly the XR ships, I used to like the Shuttle-A though.

Someone should give the XR style treatment to the Shuttle-A, New skin, more features and generally more immersive shuttle-A

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Mainly the XR ships, I used to like the Shuttle-A though.

Someone should give the XR style treatment to the Shuttle-A, New skin, more features and generally more immersive shuttle-A
I, too, prefer the XR-series but am drawn to the Shuttle-A. I love the idea of an improved version of it that extended XRVesselCtrl so all my flight deck controls would work with it. With some detailed textures? Totally awesome coolness.