Your preferred spacecraft

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I, too, prefer the XR-series but am drawn to the Shuttle-A. I love the idea of an improved version of it that extended XRVesselCtrl so all my flight deck controls would work with it. With some detailed textures? Totally awesome coolness.

I would be happy if someone could just make the other side of the flight deck active, with two more MFDs, and add hotkeys for the aux pods.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would love a DGIV or XR type version of the ShuttleA.
I don't fly it much, but it has such a potential for awesome :speakcool:ness!

I am actually not sure of which Orbiter craft I fly the most. Maybe the Default DG, maybe the XR2, or probably Sputnik's Velcro Rockets. An awesome addon! :)

Robsoie

Reaction score
The DG that comes with Orbiter, having been the 1st ship i used, remained a favorite of mine.

Sadly it lacks the autopilots programs and sophistication of the DGIV (in which i made my 1st correct re-entry, as with the old DG i missed my target often by several dozen of kilometers), but i imagine the 3D cockpit of this old DG helps my immersion in the simulation.

Maybe that's why currently i am really appreciating the Ravenstar, sophisticated ship and very immersive with its cockpit.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
The DG that comes with Orbiter, having been the 1st ship i used, remained a favorite of mine.

Sadly it lacks the autopilots programs and sophistication of the DGIV (in which i made my 1st correct re-entry, as with the old DG i missed my target often by several dozen of kilometers), but i imagine the 3D cockpit of this old DG helps my immersion in the simulation.

Maybe that's why currently i am really appreciating the Ravenstar, sophisticated ship and very immersive with its cockpit.

You can "split the difference" between the DGIV and the stocker with the XR1. (as it retains the VC) :) (Personally, of the DGs, I prefer the XR1 over the rest)

I know what you mean about the immersion though. I really wish everyone took the time to do it. It can really make or break an addon IMO.

Robsoie

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, having never tried the XR1 i am looking forward to it now.

Timothy Joseph

Reaction score
I mostly fly ZCochrane's 08 Firefly. I never really got into realistic ships. I loved the show, plus the swiveling engines are wicked handy.

penlu

Reaction score
Dragonfly, Shuttle-A, Greg Burch's ships (all of 'em!), DG and spinoffs, and the XR series. Basically all of them.

The only thing the Shuttle-A is missing is a Dragonfly-like systems simulation, UMMU, and an arm. I like that a lot, but the Dragonfly has its fuel cells and ECLSS... hmm...