Project HD 28185 system

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've started work on a none fictional system that has a single known gas giant that is right smack center of the habital zone. I've finished the real planet and one fictional moon. There are screenshotes of my work so far at the bottom.

Also I have an orulex hieghtmap for the moon Finitar (it's a crude grayscale map i made) but, I can't seem to get it to work in orulex. Any suggestions to fix it?:huh:
I would also love to hear ideas for fictional planets and moons for this system.:tiphat:

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Awesome work, donatelo200!

I see you've been reading up on your Sudarsky classifications. HD 28185 b looks very good.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Awesome work, donatelo200!

I see you've been reading up on your Sudarsky classifications. HD 28185 b looks very good.
I just built a higher resolution cloudmap for HD 28185 b. Picture!!!!:)

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can't get the heightmap for the moon Finitar to work. It just won't show up in orbiter or Orulex world studio. The map is below.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I can't get the heightmap for the moon Finitar to work. It just won't show up in orbiter or Orulex world studio. The map is below.
Obvious question is:
What have you tried to get it working?
What exactly doesn't work?

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Obvious question is:
What have you tried to get it working?
What exactly doesn't work?
I have tried to get it to work. There is no CTD it just won't show up in orbiter or world studio. The map and terrain cfg are below in the zip.:download:
Tell me if their is something i screwed up in the cfg or the map.:shifty: You will have to convert the map back to bmp. I had to change it to jpg so this forum would accept it.:blink:

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Two more moons of HD 28185 B finshed!!!:) Their picturs are below. Also, i built a grayscale map for Jedeg even though i can't use it. There is no good documentation on how too either. Please help.:cheers:I'm trying to use the map in orulex.
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Project will be delayed for a little while. I got grounded.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Project starting back up. Progress will be a little slower because I will be spending more time outside.

Also would love for help with grayscales in orulex and fictional planet suggestions

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Demo of the HD 28185 system now avalible.:) Includes only the real planet and the star. The planet's atmosphere is simulated down to the liquid layer. The atmospheric pressure is 3 million times greater than Earth's atmosphere at the liquid layer.:blink: I dare you to try and reach the liquid layer.:suicide: Also i would still like to have ideas for fictional planets, moons ect.

Update the demo has the moon Finitar included now. UMmu 2.0 and the Delta Glider IV 2 are Requierd. Finitar's cloud res is lower than the final release version will be.

Last edited:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here are two new planets that i just finished recently in this system. They are fictional.

Fente the Inferno!!!!

Gigta the Blast Furnace!!!!

There are more pictures of the system here.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll be giving the demo a whirl some time tonight, in the next 6 hours or so.
Just from the screenshots your work looks great! I'm not sure how close I want to get to the gas giant, but I'll try taking a DG-IV down there...:salute:

It's always fun to explore a new star system! :thumbup:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New planet and moon. Massive super Earth.

Demtra and it's moon.

Demtra without clouds

Demtra is my hypothetical planet that was ejected from the habitibal zone by the confermed planet HD 28185 b. Demtra is 4.22x the mass of Earth.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Nice :speakcool:! I like that Tente planet, too!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do we have a release time?

I tried out the demo with HD28185 b and had a blast penetrating the atmosphere. Seeing the outer layer fade away to reveal the inside was pretty shocking. I bugged out at a bit under 1000km when the static pressure started spooking me, avoiding the 'big crunch' by suddenly realising I had JumpDriveMFD activated in the modules tab. I had just enough fuel for a little 150 000km hop out of there...through the planet! :thumbup:

Can't wait to fly through the rest of the system. You planet textures are a thing to drool at!

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! As for the reliese date it should just be two to three days as i search for bugs build surface bases and make scenarios.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Bases and scenarios complete! just checkin through to make shure nothing is missing.
Will be released in less than 10 min!!