IMFD IMFD MFD - ISS to Mars?...

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Orbinauts,

Just a quick question....I've been trying to familiarise myself with IMFD and yesterday, I managed to complete a trip from KSC to OrcusPatera, although bit of a nightmare to land....but was just wondering.....what is the best way to fly to Mars from say, ISS or FSS?...would I still use Target Intercept program?....obviously from KSC you plan your journey, gives you a time of departure and a lanuch heading....then hopefully your planes are aligned during launch phase....but say you want to go to Mars from the ISS...obviously you don't have a heading as such and no time of departure, ..I'm assuming you would use the Orbit Eject program in a certain way....basically how to get to Mars from Earth orbit...any advice would be appreciated.....thanx

Last edited:

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I usually depart from Mir to other bodies as its alignment is close, from ISS requires a very large plane change alignment. Plan your trip in target intercept on one MFD, then in the other MFD, use orbit eject connected to the course program. In orbit eject, plane change to zero your indicated EIN, then you can let orbit eject do the autoburn. Did this many times. This checklist can be a big help.

From the ISS, you could stop in at Mir for refueling if needed before final alignment to orbit eject.

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Arvil ..Thank you so much for your reply....I'll definitely try that....I'm fine when it comes to setting up a plan on the runway at KSC or Wideawake..so the only difference I can see then really is to align the plane when in low earth orbit and then do the autoburn....I'll have a go...thanks again...

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
When you do plane alignment, just remember to align by zeroing the EIn in orbit eject rather than RIn in AlignMFD. Two different things.