Lunar-LEO Transfer IMFD

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Hi,

I was playing around in the moon with a Deltaglider IV, and when I tried to go back to Earth, I realised I hadnt ever done it with this ship!

I think I must use "Planet approach" function, but im nor sure.. Is this correct? If it is, how do I setup references, sources and such? I'm a little confused...

Another thing. If i'm on a polar orbit on the moon (Luna-OB1), then I can only reach earth in a polar orbit? And if i'm in a ecliptic orbit, then I can go to earth and adjust what inclination I want in a MCC?..

I searched (a little) on the topic but couldnt find help..

(And I considered myself a decent orbinaut... I cant even get back to earth in a Deltaglider :p)

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Check out my tutorial

Check out my tutorial it has a section on how to go back to earth.

It uses IMFD and should work for Delta Glider with no problem.

Scroll down to the section titled:

Part 16 -TEI from Moon Using IMFD in the DG S

From the Earth to The Moon" an AMSO 1.17 Apollo 11 Full Mission Tutorial Using IMFD

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Oh thanks, I didnt think your tutorial would have this since it's apollo-oriented. I'll check the procedures when I have time, And try to give you some feedback :speakcool:

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Cool thanks

Cool thanks

I do appreciate that. The feedback is welcomed. The thread is now going in a direction that stands the tutorial against the real flightplan of the Apollo 11 flight.

You should know that whatever you can do with Apollo AMSO you should be able to do with a similar proceedure with the Delta S.