My OMP client problem

Flyingsock

Transx Autopilot
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
When I start logging in there is a problem that makes me go to a scenario i created using scenario editor it didn't take me were i picked also the MJD wasn't counting down and when i checked the logging tab on the OMP clinet it said

Code:
Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\90.cfg' (No such file or  directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\216.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\243.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\951.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\4179.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      GBody 39 name: doomsday..
      FATAL: Calculated GBody count do not equal real GBody count (40 <> 51)!
Can any one help me plz

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
A) your missing some config files.
B) Check that the OMP scenario is at the top of the list, or it will not work
C) If all else fails I'm sure face will be along soon.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
When I start logging in there is a problem that makes me go to a scenario i created using scenario editor it didn't take me were i picked also the MJD wasn't counting down and when i checked the logging tab on the OMP clinet it said

Code:
Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\90.cfg' (No such file or  directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\216.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\243.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\951.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      Error opening GBody configuration file `Config\4179.cfg' (No such file or directory) - skipping..
      GBody 39 name: doomsday..
      FATAL: Calculated GBody count do not equal real GBody count (40 <> 51)!
Can any one help me plz

I generally suggest that OMP is only installed in clean Orbiter copies. Especially the ORL distros (what deltawing777 distributes on OH currently) contain modifications to stock files, e.g. earth.cfg. Therefore it is not a good idea to install it over a heavily customized copy.

From your log posting, I suppose it is due to a scenario using a special character as first character that lets it show up as first scenario in the list. The $MultiplayerSession$ should be up there, otherwise the - quite hacky - autoloader is not working. If you'd used a clean copy, this would be no problem.

In addition, OMP at the moment uses a simple method to identify GBody objects on both sides (server and client): counting. So it assumes you have the same scenario loaded and the GBodies (planets, moons) show up the same on all clients when iterating through them. The FATAL message you see in the log is due to the count of GBodies on the server and the client being different, perhaps because of the wrong scenario loaded, or perhaps because of having additional GBodies installed.

If in doubt about the installation procedure, please consult this site: http://omp.dyndns-server.com/install.php

C) If all else fails I'm sure face will be along soon.

:lol:

regards,
Face

Last edited:

Flyingsock

Transx Autopilot
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
OK but i rather keep my addons now than reinstall orbiter and to the Gbodys i did add extra bodys such as pluto,1 ceres and extra moons.nut can you install 2 separate orbiters? :hmm:

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
You are aware that multiple orbiter installations can co-exist side by side on the same computer without any problems?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sorry for bad English i write fast.

There is no need to write fast ;) . We too need time to read, think about it, and write answers back. So please do the same: think about it, then write. In the end, it will get us to results faster...

On your question regarding 2 copies: yes, you can have as many copies of Orbiter as your HD can take. It may be a "problem" with Orbiter's MSI installer, but only due to MSI's way of allowing only one "install" of a product-code. If you use the ZIP package, you can unzip it wherever you want, as often you want.

If you follow the links given in the previously linked web-page, you should have no troubles to setup a OMP-prepared Orbiter copy.

regards,
Face