Project Universal Astronaut and Cargo System (UACS)

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
@gattipilot: I found it a little confusing at first, but there is a logic, there are different modes where you can only do certain things, keep cycling through with ALT+M, on one of the menus it should work?

@Abdullah Radwan:
Libraries: Can't say, but max compatibility would be good
Astronaut Alt: Too complicated is not good, not a vital issue and can be addressed later. (I thought that because "movement" is a position hack one could offset it easily like adjustig Alt in .scn)
Prone dead: I'd keep it simple, for the astronaut to work the .cfg height (above ground) must = COG = centre of mesh, so pitch -90 and Alt - COG? (will be half underground, but your dead after all?)
Stopping time: I thought it might be connected to grav. etc., thought this would effect top speed and endurance more, just "feels" a little wierd, but no biggy.
Attach: Reason I asked is I wanted to have different compartments (seperated) in the same vessel, if not viable I'll look for a work around.
I will see what can done for laying the astronaut when dead. As for the station attachment point, adding more than one will have a considerable performance hit, so for now, there will be only one attachment point.
So still confused on opening/closing airlocks, and selecting airlocks.

Airlocks/open closed based off animation. If the Door_proc>=1 door open then airlock is open else airlock is closed.

BUt how to it if no animation? scroll thru airlocks and press a key and now airlock is open or closed. Not sure on the code.

On the ALt M menu. Is what ever airlock you select the one the eva will happen from?
vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(INDEX).open = true;
As simple as that. For toggle:
vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(INDEX).open = !vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(INDEX).open;

You can ONLY select an airlock to ingress to from the vessel information HUD. For the nearest HUD mode, ONLY the nearest airlock to ingress to will be displayed. It can't be changed. You can't ingress in other HUD modes.

For astronaut egress, you can select which airlock to use or let UACS use the first open airlock depending on what you pass to the EgressAstronaut method.
UACS Astronaut VC WIP

Biggest problems were, clipping, but I've pretty much solved that, and back lighting, unless there's a magic solution than one will have to make a compromise.
It's quite hard to demonstrate a VC helmet in pictures so I've made a direct comparison with the good old original UMMU.
Without/with gold visor, and with max glare (sun at your back).
View attachment 36948
View attachment 36949
View attachment 36950
How much tint/glare is wished/tolerable is up to debate, too little, can't see an effect, or, too much, can't see anything, let me know what you think, or what the general consensus is.
If approved I'll finish the mesh and retexture so it's hopefully easily reskinable.
Fantastic! I am interested in what others think as well.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Linking with libcmt statically links the c runtime, whereas /md links it dynamically.

As such /Mt is better as it doesn't require any other dependencies.
I am aware of what /MT and /MD means. I am asking to know which one should be for compatibility with other libraries, given that /MD and /MT libraries can't be mixed.

As for the choice itself, it doesn't really matter. Almost all programs already require VC redist, so chances are that it's installed already.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Some more pics with the gold visor (slightly darker than above- I think this is probably the best option). Glass cockpit/ visor, and again with sun behind.
UACSvcDemo4.jpgUACSvcDemo5.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think think would work.
if (key == OAPI_KEY_D && !KEYMOD_SHIFT(kstate) && KEYMOD_CONTROL(kstate) && !KEYMOD_ALT(kstate)) { if (astrHUD.airlockIdx ==2) RevertDOOR1(); if (astrHUD.airlockIdx == 3) RevertDOOR2(); if (astrHUD.airlockIdx == 0) { if (vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(0).open)!vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(0).open; else !vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(0).open; } //vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(2).open = !vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(2).open; if (astrHUD.airlockIdx == 1) { if (vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(1).open)!vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(1).open; else !vslAstrInfo.airlocks.at(1).open; } return 1; }
where airlockIDX 2 and 3 are open/closed based off animation. 0 and 1 are not based off animation but just need to open/closed with a key?
Also how to set all airlocks closed at start?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Another thing that would be nice. I suspect will be coded in the vessel. Is to focus on the evad guy?

Not sure why this guy exits at the front left airlock. when the left aft is selected?

Still can't close the non animated airlocks.

Attachments

• evaexitpoint.jpg
    evaexitpoint.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also. on the astronauts. Can they also be vessels? rathe than meshes

The reason I ask is so that we can use specialized eva guy like my shuttle guy with arm/leg animations,.....

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
From what I read in the docs so far, I think you make a vessel, whatever, and then add the astronaut api code to it?

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
A couple of observations:
Can one add a visible source to the lights on the Astronauts
How many lamps are you supposed to get when unpacked? I'm getting cargolamp1-4, and lamp1, total 5. Maybe just a naming issue?

I've made a new lamp but the light height and bloom needs adjusting. It's got seperate parts so one could make a dialog box for rot., tilt, extend, light intensity etc.
0393.jpg

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice.
What do you mean by this?
Can one add a visible source to the lights on the Astronauts

I think they have a beacon to show on the helmet.
I can make a box to move the lights,...

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Hey you were right!, my bad, there is a visible light source, it's quite small and must have been still in the helmet. Another problem solved!
But can one have one light with several beacons. The Z2 has 3 lights but only needs 1 beam (max 8/ scene).

A box would be great! (unpackable isn't a problem?) Shall I send you the msh

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sure send the mesh. I don't think there is a limit on beacons. just lights.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
That's what I was saying, max 8 lights (default 4), need 3 "beacons" though. (I'm stumbling on terminology:))

barrygolden

Reaction score
you might look to make lights sticks for use on eva's you could make a group of 3 to be deployed at the same time to help with sampleing in the dark. the flashing beacon might make a good tool for navagation on eva's with long drives out of site of the base camp. 2010 had other interresting things to call up line a lap top.

Attachments

• acab.png
    acab.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 8

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That would be easy as they are just a mesh and a light. The problem is only 8 lights are allowed. I wonder if that will change in 2024 orbiter?

barrygolden

Reaction score
Gattis have you had any thoughts about the cargo lander or the hab module

when you say only 8 does that include the ones on the lander and or rover

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
right now I can change the direction. I will add an on/off not sure how to change anything else

Attachments

• lampstand1.jpg
    lampstand1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
up/down? also theyr'e very bright, off, half on, full on?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes up/down

Maybe @BrianJ can help on this?
spotlight1 = (SpotLight*)AddSpotLight(arm_tip3[0], _V(0, 0, 1), lamprange, .01, 0, 5e-5, (45 * RAD), (60 * RAD), col_d, col_s, col_a);
spotlight1->Activate(true);
SetVisibilityLimit(1e-4, -1);

spotlight1->SetPosition(arm_tip3[0]);
spotlight1->SetDirection(new_dir);
spotlight1->SetRange(lamprange);

But not sure how to dynamically change the intensity??