2 questions about MFDs

Lacker

Reaction score
1 - I've downloaded the IMFD from here and unpacked it into my orbiter folder on my desk top twice but I can't seem to find it in the shuttle or SSU. The manual says I should run the .cfg but I can't seem to find it. Am I installing it wrong or using the wrong version?

I hit SHIFT-I to try to find it....is that the wrong command?

2 - Can I make the center MFDs show anything besides Orbit? I can't seem to find the buttons to access their MENU or SYSTEM displays so all I get are Orbit displays out of them.

Thanks all!

A

Tommy

Reaction score
To answer your first question - when you install any new MFD's, you will need to enable it in the "Modules" tab of the Orbiter Launchpad before it can be used. For IMFD, it will probably be called "InterMFD51", make sure it's in the "active modules" section (on the right).

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
1 - I've downloaded the IMFD from here and unpacked it into my orbiter folder on my desk top twice but I can't seem to find it in the shuttle or SSU. The manual says I should run the .cfg but I can't seem to find it. Am I installing it wrong or using the wrong version?

I hit SHIFT-I to try to find it....is that the wrong command?
The .cfg is located at Orbiter\Config\IMFD5.cfg but you shouldn't need to do anything with it to get IMFD working (I never have anyway).

To answer your first question - when you install any new MFD's, you will need to enable it in the "Modules" tab of the Orbiter Launchpad before it can be used. For IMFD, it will probably be called "InterMFD51", make sure it's in the "active modules" section (on the right).
This is correct, except that the "active modules" list is on the left ;)

2 - Can I make the center MFDs show anything besides Orbit? I can't seem to find the buttons to access their MENU or SYSTEM displays so all I get are Orbit displays out of them.
Centre MFDs? Which view mode are you in (eg, generic glass cockpit, 2d panel, virtual cockpit) and which vessel type? It sounds like you might be in one of the Space Shuttle variants. If so, refer to section 3.2 (page 7) of Orbiter\Doc\Atlantis.pdf.

Tommy

Reaction score
This is correct, except that the "active modules" list is on the left ;)

Perhaps I should submit this to the "Doh" thread - I opened launchpad to check, and apparently forgot the most important lesson the army tried to teach me!

Or I could just try to cover it up - "I meant STAGE right!"

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score

Thanks all!

A
I had the same problem. Hold down PG. It will switch, then you can hit PG again to scroll through the different MFD's