sorindafabico

Reaction score
Group Stage matches are defined.

These matches are scheduled for my city:

Australia x Netherlands
France x Honduras
Nigeria x Argentina
South Korea x Algeria

And another match (probably Germany vs. Russia or South Korea) in Round of 16.

England vs. Italy in Manaus, in the middle of the rainforest.

Group D is the death group: Uruguay, Costa Rica, Italy and England.

Chile was unlucky: they have a good squad, but Spain and Netherlands are in the same group.

Colombia and Argentina have easy groups. Brazil vs. Mexico will be a very good match, IMO :D

I bet in Brazil vs. Argentina as the final match, despite my support for Uruguay.

Last edited:

MattBaker

Reaction score
The last final in the group stage, guess who messed up their draw pots? Seriously, Colombia, Belgium and Switzerland are seeded and England, Italy, Netherlands or Portugal are not? Go home FIFA rankings you're drunk!

And from the structure everything is set for Brazil vs Spain which I would prefer, with Torres scoring the winning goal in the 90th minute so all Torres jokes are gone for all eternity.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
England's situation isn't as bad as many thinks..... Italy is barely better and Uruguay's defense line-up is slightly weak. Though it probably doesn't matter since I can't see them getting beyond the quarter-finals (again) - no chance against Brazil/Spain/Holland.

Argentina and France got good draws that might let them get though to the semis without being too hard, as is Japan which I can see them reaching the last 8.

But the most interesting case is Group G - we all know how good Germany and Portugal are (well slightly less confidence for the later), but with USA being a solid quarter-finals team and Ghana probably being the best African team and literally just one hand away from the semis last time, I can see a glimmer of chance that Germany and Portugal going out at the same time..... ;)

sorindafabico

Reaction score
I'm reading the english press...The whimper with the match against Italy in Manaus is shameful.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think we invested a significant amount money to make things a little less random :hide:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm reading the english press...The whimper with the match against Italy in Manaus is shameful.

Come on, the English team could even fail entering the knockout stage being in a group with Saudi-Arabia, San Marino and Faroer Islands. They have a reason to be scared.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
I'll be doing another World Cup challenge for the group stage if I can get the time to update the 2010 spreadsheets (or make new ones).

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
pff... I can think of better things to do than watch a bunch of bi-pedal humaniods chasing a spherical bag of wind. I'll just listen for the results while I enjoy the better things.

It's times like these; I'm glad I've got freeview.

Good luck people :thumbup:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
...I can see a glimmer of chance that Germany and Portugal going out at the same time..... ;)

No way :lol:!
Germany passes in first place of the group, simply because they are stronger. But both Germany and USA will have a hard time to adapt to the weather :)

Portugal will pass in second, so it will lose against Germany and win the other games.
Sure, in the last games the tactic has been Ronaldo at the front + 10 players at the back, but that has been more effective than beautiful gameplay without scoring goals (as it happened in the past).
Expect a highly motivated team, in a very friendly environment. We will be amongst our brazilian brothers and cities like Brasilia or Manaus are not unknown to us.

Ghana is good but they are inexperienced in the world cup, and that is an important disadvantage.

And USA is a strong team but.... football for them is another sport isn't it ? :thumbup:

Last edited: