2014 World Cup

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Funny that the reigning champions are the first to be eliminated...

thor36

Reaction score
Funny that the reigning champions are the first to be eliminated...

It's history repeating itself isn't it ? Didn't same happen with Italy 4 years ago ?

Considering that Mr T is Cameroon goalie I would expect a better result for them:facepalm: Croatia is very motivated and it will be a pain for Mexico.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is it just a bizarre coincidence that the USA and Ghana keep meeting so often in the World Cup? Ghana is obviously not in CONCACAF, so Im not entirely sure what else keeps getting those two tangled up together...

Given that my country obviously didnt make it to the show, Im cheering for the hosts. At least Ill be cheering for a decent possibility for once :)

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is it just a bizarre coincidence that the USA and Ghana keep meeting so often in the World Cup? Ghana is obviously not in CONCACAF, so Im not entirely sure what else keeps getting those two tangled up together...

Given that my country obviously didnt make it to the show, Im cheering for the hosts. At least Ill be cheering for a decent possibility for once :)

Coincidence. Both teams not being in the same confederation helps a little, but it isn't enough to explain this.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_seeding"]2014 FIFA World Cup seeding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Spain.....well I forsaw that they won't do well this year due to their tactics now busted by many different methods (I guessed that they will barely advance in 2nd place, then lose to Brazil in the last 16), but this result is just beyond my imagination. Chile plays well as I expected, but the Spainish attack is simply horrific...... :dry:

Well as for today, maybe we will see yet another favorite crashing out. I'm already betting England to lose to Uruguay today and exit in the group stages..... :rofl:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
It's history repeating itself isn't it ? Didn't same happen with Italy 4 years ago ?

Considering that Mr T is Cameroon goalie I would expect a better result for them:facepalm: Croatia is very motivated and it will be a pain for Mexico.

Italy at least have drawn their first two matches (against a very defensive Paraguay and then the superb New Zealand) and crashed out due to some late stupidity to concede against Slovakia. Even France in 2002 went out only on the last match (though they didn't managed to score a single goal)....now this time Spain went out with 2 humiliating loses (and with the Oz playing so well against the Dutch I'm afraid there may will be a third) :rolleyes:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Ha, interesting situation for the next round now. Netherlands vs. Chile play at 1 PM local time and will be finished before the two games in Group A begin. Which means the winner of that game could very well "lose" if Brazil only draws against Cameroon (possibly on purpose).

Which would be a reasonable tactic if Chile somehow wins against the Netherlands, don't want to risk losing in the round of 16 as host Brazil.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
ROOOOONEY! :lol:

Finally he has his first world cup goal :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Okay. Rooney has his first and probably his last world cup goal. What a greek tragedy.

MattBaker

Reaction score
No World War but three World Cups and not failing in the group stage. I can live with that.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
'How Spain will be finishing The World Cup'
mPZu6cC.jpg

America can into soccer humor?

MattBaker

Reaction score
"You were unconscious and probably have a concussion." - "So?" - "We'll take you off." - "NO! NO NO NO NO NO!"

So...we can end the discussions about football players being whimps in comparison to the other football players?

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
England? Good grief I decided to abandon supporting them this year - they were strategically and tactically beaten and it seems that the players simply don't have the form and heart to do well in the World Cup after a long season. :dry:

MattBaker

Reaction score
England is kinda what Liverpool has been the previous years. A squad that might be something in a few years but not at this point.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
My word Costa Rica is on the brink of going through the group of death against Italy, Uruguay and England..... :blink:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
My word Costa Rica is on the brink of going through the group of death against Italy, Uruguay and England..... :blink:

I am really impressed by their performance so far, their columbian trainer is really an impressive person, for being absolutely unknown before.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I am really impressed by their performance so far, their columbian trainer is really an impressive person, for being absolutely unknown before.

Yeah they are playing what I would expect Colombia or Chile to play if they are in Group D, but not Costa Rica....regardless somehow I still think the Italians can still at least level in the next 10 minutes. :tiphat: