A Few simple Qeustions

Dark_Fox

Reaction score
I have been making spacecraft.dll (2 and 3 also) for quite some time, but i have a few questions that looking in the documentation didnt seem to answer

1: can the orientation/postition of docking ports change? (couldn't find the answer to save my life)

2: has anyone sucessfully compiled an orbiter addon of any sort with DEV C++

3: where in a ships dll can gimbal (TH Vectoring) be updated (the doc mentions it, the dg HAS it, but i can't find it)

thanks for any help

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
1: Yes. Read Orbitersdk\doc\3DModel.pdf for info on Orbiter vessel *.cfg files.
2: No. It's because in the differences in the format in the library files between Dev C++ and Visual C++. The Orbiter SDK libraries were compiled with Visual C++ and is only compatible with Visual C++ version 6 or higher.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
3: Depends on the add-on. Usually, the function contains a call to the function "SetThrusterDir()", which can be helpful locating the code sequence.

Dark_Fox

Reaction score
oh, thanks, sorry haven't been able to get over here in a while,

now can said docking port be changed in game, say on the end of a mechanical arm?

okay, i know a lot of you guys use express edition, any alterations, glitches to know about?

thanks for the info

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The VC++ 2005/2008 express edition compilers are restricted to dynamic linking, requiring the user to have installed the VC++ 2005 runtime components, and VC++ 2008 runtime components respectively.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
now can said docking port be changed in game, say on the end of a mechanical arm?

The docking port can be changed AFAIK, but not when something is docked, which would crash orbiters physics engine.

For mechanical arms, it is recommended to use attachment points, which are like docking ports, but have simplified physics.