A List of the people that died in 2016 ( might not be complete)

K_Jameson

Reaction score
You should add Bud Spencer, died in June.
Star of various famous Italian spaghetti-western movies, with Terence Hill.
An authentic icon here in Italy.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2016

The most personally notable one I saw glancing through the July list was Elie Wiesel.

Also, I like the "might not be complete" in the title. Probably a safe bet with some sixty million human deaths this year. :p

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Ignoring my own aforementioned point that we can keep this list going on forever...

Frank Sinatra Jr in March.

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
The Betty White GoFundMe is starting to look less crazy.

Hoping for a quiet next three days.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Was the Alexandrov Ensemble Choir actually wiped out to a man? What I've heard on this forum seems to indicate that it was, but the Wikipedia articles on both the crash and the choir indicate only that 60+ members of the choir were aboard and were killed, but in language that implies that there were members of the choir not aboard, and thus not killed.

Are there any primary sources that state explicitly whether or not the entire choir was killed?

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I'm starting to become scared visiting this page and seeing a new name added to the list. This year is brutal.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
60 million people will have died this year, some of them would have been forum members friends and family and will anyone else but them care?

Do we need to worship celebrities lives and deaths and give them even more attention in addition to the $$$$ media pumping it up. Many of the celebrities are not good people, they are paid to act in a certain way to make people like them and pay to see them.

Does Orbiter Forum need celebrities obituaries here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score

I'm sure we don't need them, but the constituents of this forum choose to have them.

I'm comfortable with Brighton Lounge being open to discussion of just about anything, even when most topics are not ones I'll participate in myself.

As for this specific topic, many forum members share interest in the same celebrities because they share interest in the same genres of music, movies, etc. and even though it may not be the death of a family member (which we have had topics on before and which I would not mind), these events still do affect many people enough to discuss them with others.

</PersonalOpinion™>

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Was the Alexandrov Ensemble Choir actually wiped out to a man? What I've heard on this forum seems to indicate that it was, but the Wikipedia articles on both the crash and the choir indicate only that 60+ members of the choir were aboard and were killed, but in language that implies that there were members of the choir not aboard, and thus not killed.

Are there any primary sources that state explicitly whether or not the entire choir was killed?

Roman Valutov, 29, was in the list of the aircraft passengers, but did not board the doomed flight as his passport expired in July

This has been reported in two UK newspapers. I can't confirm it of course.

N.

Soheil_Esy

Fazanavard فضانورد
Reaction score
Famous Iranian tv-host Ahmad Ghaemi dies after having a heart attack
:facepalm:
Iranian tv-host has a heart attack on stage

December 28, 2016

This video shows a shocking moment that an Iranian TV-host named Ahmad Ghaemi suffered a heart attack on stage, while cameras were recording the footage. He reportedly died just following the incident.

http://www.yenisafak.com/en/video-gallery/life/man-has-a-heart-attack-on-stage-2121499

Video:

:mad:

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Was the Alexandrov Ensemble Choir actually wiped out to a man?
About half of it is gone, arguably the better half.

Numbers don't really mean much in such cases, however, since irreplaceable talent was lost and the remainder scarred.
It would take a while to recover, and it won't recover the same.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
60 million people will have died this year, some of them would have been forum members friends and family and will anyone else but them care? I posted in the Carrie Fisher thread which was off topic but I was upset my post was removed.

Do we need to worship celebrities lives and deaths and give them even more attention in addition to the $$$$ media pumping it up. Many of the celebrities are not good people, they are paid to act in a certain way to make people like them and pay to see them.

This is Brighton Lounge, where we talk about random stuff that interests those of us who choose to participate.

If you aren't interested, there is a back button on your browser.

Soheil_Esy

Fazanavard فضانورد
Reaction score
Many of the celebrities are not good people, they are paid to act in a certain way to make people like them and pay to see them.

These are the least to pity, they made a choice and were aware of the price to pay. :facepalm:

wikipedia_icon.gif
Red pill and blue pill - Wikipedia

8f8.jpg

Morpheus explains to Neo that the Matrix is an illusory world created to prevent humans from discovering that they are slaves to an external influence. Holding out a capsule on each of his palms, he describes the choice facing Neo:

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

It would be all the more inexcusable since this dilemma is as old as mankind ("don't sell your shadow to the Devil").

wikipedia_icon.gif
Peter Schlemihl - Wikipedia

Peter Schlemihl is the title character of an 1814 novella, Peter Schlemihls wundersame Geschichte (Peter Schlemihl's Miraculous Story), written in German by exiled French aristocrat Adelbert von Chamisso.

In the story, Schlemihl sells his shadow to the Devil for a bottomless wallet (the gold sack of Fortunatus), only to find that a man without a shadow is shunned by human societies. The woman he loves rejects him, and he himself becomes involved in guilt. Yet when the devil wants to return his shadow to him in exchange for his soul, Schlemihl, as the friend of God, rejects the proposal and throws away the bottomless wallet besides.

Soheil_Esy

Fazanavard فضانورد
Reaction score
December 2016

• Andrei Gennadyevich Karlov (Russian: Андре́й Генна́дьевич Ка́рлов; 4 February 1954 – 19 December 2016) was a Russian career diplomat who served as the Russian Ambassador to Turkey and earlier as the nation's ambassador to North Korea.

On the evening of 19 December 2016, while speaking at an art gallery exhibition in Ankara, Turkey, Karlov (aged 62) was assassinated by Mevlüt Mert Altıntaş, an off-duty Turkish policeman.

• Kyriakos Amiridis, in Greek Κυριάκος Αμοιρίδης (30 September 1957 – c. 26 December 2016), was a Greek career diplomat who served as the Ambassador of Greece to Libya and Brazil.

On 30 December 2016, a Rio de Janeiro police officer had confessed to the stabbing, killing and burning of the 59-year-old Greek Ambassador.

Pan Pan, the world's oldest male panda has died in China aged 31, six months after being diagnosed with cancer.

This thread is about people...

Last edited: