OHM Air to Air Refuel Script MFD v0.67

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Scripts MFD's and sounds

Sorry, no sound is possible for Lua Scripted MFD's so far.

Rgds,

Beep

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds and Animations

HI beep,I think dgatsoulis,has a way to add sounds to lua scripts,he did this with his Mid Air refuel addon by using this http://viremo.eludi.net/proteaAudio/index.html You could PM him about it.

Any atempt to download dgatsoulis challenge packs or the proteaudio bin from the site above has been blocked by Avast. May be a false alarm but presently, I'm not in condition to take the risk. Ill try again in another occasion.

AAR equipment activation (the deploying animations) after much consideration and reasonable sense will be as following:

Above 1000ft the tanker waits for you to close in as near as 50m (very close for reality but good for poetic licensed eye candy) the boom or the drogue are extended and the lights turned on. After that if there's no one nearer than 200 m the drogue or boom are retracted and lights turned off.

Below 850m everything is always retracted despite the near presence of thirsty fellows. No disconnection at the MFD is made so far tough, which will be dealt with later.

.3 is near with a new boom and these new animation activations.

Rgds,

Beep

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Beep,yes Avast is detecting a false positive,I did some research on this,I have had it for awhile on my computer,and experienced no problems.

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Really acurate,now,and the new booms look great.Thanks for making this possible in orbiter.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

BTW BEEP,are you going to add a fuel dumping feature too?

Last edited:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dumping fuel (environmentally unsustainable)

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

BTW BEEP,are you going to add a fuel dumping feature too?

Good News for you. It's already there. Select tanker to 'SELF'. Check all receiver fuel tanks selection options and pump it out.

I need to verify whether it's clear in the readme.

Rgds,

Beep

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey beep, could you please add the tanker speed on your MFD,and your hud,this would be of great help.Thanks

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tanker Speed Indication

Hey beep, could you please add the tanker speed on your MFD,and your hud,this would be of great help.Thanks

I can think about a way to convey info that is indeed provided by the tanker in the process which is, I suppose, speed, heading, altitude.

This s to contemplate reality more than necessity because I can't imagine how the tanker speed indication would be more helpful than the relative speed already indicated. ( And other indications as I'm considering something representing the relative position situation in the xy plane similar to DockMFD)

One thing that I'm thinking is to make approach indications related to tanker interface frequency tuning ( At COM/NAVMFD).

Getting this altogether makes for a nice idea:

Imagine that when tuning to the tanker ( which would select it as well)
a message ( still an annotation - no sound by now ) appears for a while indicating tanker speed, altitude and heading. As it happens with the real thing you should write it down or memorize it because, it will not be continuously indicated.

Rgds ,

Beep

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi beep,I do like the extra info on the left hand side of the hud,that displays speed precontact,ect,ect,but in the future would it be possible to be able to turn this on,and off? BTW great work it just keeps improving.:cheers:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tanker Contact Message

Dear Interceptor,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

You sound as if the message keeps showing and showing. The message should appear as you tune the tanker and go away after a while ( 10s if I remember) . Is this happening? Remember that if you change vessels while it's showing it freezes there ( non persistent script MFD's.........). Wait for it to dissapear before deactivating or changing vessels.

It keeps improving because of you , at the moment the only counterpart for the dialectic process from which the idea can develop itself.

Did you try the external tanks from Bombsight MFD I've just uploaded?

Thanks,

Beep

Interceptor

Reaction score
Dear Interceptor,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

You sound as if the message keeps showing and showing. The message should appear as you tune the tanker and go away after a while ( 10s if I remember) . Is this happening? Remember that if you change vessels while it's showing it freezes there ( non persistent script MFD's.........). Wait for it to dissapear before deactivating or changing vessels.

It keeps improving because of you , at the moment the only counterpart for the dialectic process from which the idea can develop itself.

Did you try the external tanks from Bombsight MFD I've just uploaded?

Thanks,

Beep
No I haven't had a chance to try it out with bombsight mfd,but I will this weekend.:tiphat:

Voyager_VI

Sailor Tim
Reaction score
Hi Beep,

Having a problem trying to use the DC-10 for refueling. I used the ini file included in your Suggestions folder and installed over K-KC-10. Added the transponder to the spacecraft file and can dial it up from the receiver vessel. I made scenario with just the K-KC-10 and the Delta receiver from your test scenario. I can get in behind the KC-0 fine but at no point can I get the tanker outline to flash green and red in the MFD, it just stays red.

Update:
Made progress today, was able to add the drogue on the Left and Right side but will not connect using the Center. The booms will not connect at all. Will keep plugging away at it.

Update 2:
Figured out where I was going wrong with the scripts, forgot to set boom to true....facepalm

So on to the next question, is there a way to adjust the fuel transfer rate defaults? I flew up half the eastern seaboard of the US trying to transfer over 15,000 units

Update 3:
No amount of shoehorning will create a center boom or drogue....30 hours, I concede defeat.

Last edited: