Problem am I allowed to cry?...

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
After a long (and I mean LONG) mesh editing... and a Loong mesh exporting and importing... and after defining all animations, and all VC areas and navigation (a lot!)

this is what I see with D3D9:

TGH31.jpg

TGH32.jpg

TGH33.jpg

I always use D3D9, so I didn't realize that with inline client the visual was:

TGH34.jpg

TGH35.jpg

:facepalm::beathead::goodnight:

Any help without redoing the mesh from scratch? :please:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
After a long (and I mean LONG) mesh editing... and a Loong mesh exporting and importing... and after defining all animations, and all VC areas and navigation (a lot!)

Any help without redoing the mesh from scratch? :please:

Is that really bad? I also only use DX9 because DX7 doesn't work well on my config.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well one thing is not to maximize broad compatibility and focusing for better functioning with one option, another is that an addon maybe used ONLY under certain circumstances... I have no idea of why a perfectly rendered mesh in D3D9 does not appear or have any texture in the inline client...:blink:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
What is the texture format and dimensions?

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
dds most of them 128x128 or 256x256. Anyway I'm sure it's a mesh problem and not a texture problem: I did a couple of tests for normal maps in the past days and it worked fine (I checked the differences between the inline client and D3D9 with inline). Today I've redone the mesh for edit a couple of things, tweaked it a bit and... that was the result!

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
dds most of them 128x128 or 256x256. Anyway I'm sure it's a mesh problem and not a texture problem: I did a couple of tests for normal maps in the past days and it worked fine (I checked the differences between the inline client and D3D9 with inline). Today I've redone the mesh for edit a couple of things, tweaked it a bit and... that was the result!
Just throwing this out there: Your textures, they don't happen to reside in a subfolder of Textures\ do they? In that case, you might want to open the msh file and manually add in the correct path to your textures, omitting "Textures".

Example:
Physical location of texture: Textures\Modules1\Module_panel2B.dds

Path in msh file: Modules\Module_panel2B.dds

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think I found out the issue:

seems like that when I use the shipedit to change the zero level of the mesh... I get a mess instead of a mesh :rofl:

anyway it's quite curious that it happens only with inline client and not with d3d9!

---------- Post added 03-26-14 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-25-14 at 09:47 PM ----------

GOT IT!!!

it was a combination of a wrong use of ship edit/mesh wizard, plus the format of the dds files as orb had correctedly asked! I used today "compressonator" to batch compress all the dds images and I forgot it. And looks like even the basic settings of it are not ok with the inline client. The only way to have my vessel back also in the inline was to recreate the texture one by one with the old and always working dxt!!

Anyway: here's a screenshot from my room in the station to thank you all for your replies and orb for giving me the correct direction! :hailprobe:

TGHAB-22.jpg

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I just came round to see this thread and... Yes, you are allowed to cry. Those will be manly tears, salty and with more of a hint of bitterness in them. I think I'm going to cry manly tears myself. In fact, I'm crying now and not ashamed to say it aloud.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to read some deep, meaningful tome to put everything in perspective. Victoria's Secret Catalogue, for instance.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
LOL, anyway as said I solved the issue, so no tears anymore... but I'll go to read the Victoria's Secret Catalogue anyway!