Status
Not open for further replies.

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Dear Orbinauts,

I am very sad to announce that this is my very last message on this forum and therefore, I will not anymore being able to support my AMSO addon here.

Tex and/or the staff of this forum decided to inflict me a punishment for a personal attack I made through A PRIVATE MESSAGE. I didn't knew that privacy was not respected on this forum. Even if it is mentionned somewhere in the written rules, this is a kind of "Big Brother" mentality, which I cannot accept. Privacy is privacy. It is an unbreakable and sacral rule to my eyes, who cannot have ANY exception.

Moreover, in the affair who conducted to this sad end, Tex and/or the staff of this forum, demonstrated a totally partial attitude. They immediately took the party of the opposite side by criticizing me, by threatening me and by giving reason to the opposite side. Another fact that I cannot accept, especially because I consider that my personal attack, which I admit I have effectively done, followed what I have considered a previous personal attack adressed to me. An attack which was not sanctionned, as far as I know.

I will discuss this problem with Martin when he will come back. As far as I know, he is actually in hollydays with apparently no connection to Internet.

In the meantimes, if you want to discuss publically with me of this matter, you can go on Dan's French Orbiter forum, either the "Orbiter" (English) forum or the "Orbiter francophone" forum. For private communication, you can find my private Email on the last page of AMSO user manual.

I wish to you all, all my best for the New Year 2011, even if it not what happen to me today, on this 1st day of 2011 (Well done Tex).

ACS

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm truly sorry to hear you are leaving the forum Alain. :(

Normally it is our policy to handle these issues in private, and this one was no different at the time. However, since ACSoft has made the decision to quit this forum and in the process chose to drag this issue into the public accusing us of criticizing him, threatening him, and reading his PM's with no context what so ever, I'm afraid we have no choice but to set the facts straight by addressing these accusations which we have every right to do and in which the community deserves to hear.

First and foremost, any communications sent via private message on this forum remain private, which ACSoft would lead you to believe otherwise from his thread here. We feel this fact is extremely important to get straight. The only exception to this privacy is when someone who received a private message hits the report button, similar to reporting a post on the forum. Only then does a copy of that private message get posted into the staff forum in which the admins and mods may review it and take appropriate action as necessary. There is no reason or excuse for attacking another member in a PM simply because it is not in the public forums. The forum rules apply to private messages just the same as they do on the public forum, but again, unless the message is reported by the recipient, then we can not see it!

With that said, I would now like to provide a little context into this particular issue by our right to address these accusations which ACSoft has made. I will not however be posting the private message which was reported, nor the messages sent or received from ACSoft or myself. Let me say that I have absolutely nothing to hide here. My messages were always respectful and professional, but posting those private messages here on the public forum is not something I will stoop to. I was the only staff member who communicated with ACSoft via private messages and not one time did I criticize or threaten him. In fact, I was more than friendly and totally professional, right down to the last PM sent. Any forum member who has communicated with me can confirm, I am always friendly and respectful, this time was no different. In a series of posts and PMs, we tried to calm things down and we eventually thought the issue was resolved, however unbeknownst to us it was continuing in private messages. At that time, the PM was reported in which the attack was made and brought to our attention. We considered both sides of the argument, reviewed all of the pertinent posts and PM reported, and took appropriate action against those involved, plain and simple.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate all of the work he has contributed to Orbiter with his AMSO addon, which in my eyes is the best, so it's truly regretful to see him leaving the forum. We must however enforce the rules equally, no matter how much one has contributed. As always the staff are here for the protection of the forum. We sincerely believe we have done so in this matter and we are always reachable via PM or email should any members ever have questions or need support with the forum.

Respectfully,
Tex & all O-F Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.